Button that can log time/events

What are the best options for buttons that could log the time and date when they are pressed, as an event log that would go into a spreadsheet file?

Ideally this would happen even without a wireless connection, but if wireless is required, RF would be best. Bluetooth, wifi or another wireless technology would be second best.

This forum is for people who are using the Samsung smartthings home automation platform. So all of the questions and answers are expected to be in that context. :sunglasses:

(It’s a very active forum, so it often comes up near the top in Google general home automation searches, but it’s not a general forum.)

So in that context, the answer is that as long as you have a smartthings hub, any of the compatible buttons can do this. And there are more than a dozen of them.

But based on the last paragraph of your question, it sounds like you don’t have a smartthings hub, and probably wouldn’t be interested in getting one.

If that’s true, you will probably get better answers at a general home automation forum like the one at Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/homeautomation/

Also, “RF” just means “radio frequency.“

Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, zigbee, Z wave, 433mhz, etc. are all RF protocols. So I’m not sure exactly what you meant by that part of your post.

Thanks, by RF I meant low-battery like a car key remote, but using a SmartThings hub would be fine. If I used a SmartThings hub for this purpose, which buttons would you recommend?