BT smart button query from noob

What I’m trying to do might be impossible and google hasn’t helped at all, I’m hoping someone here can point me in the right direction.

I have a Vado sensori digital shower, it comes with a secondary button, which I think is bluetooth, that just turns on the shower from beside my bed.

I’d love to be able to tell my smart assistant/app to turn it on, not so much lazy but gadget obsessed.

I imagined I’d need some sort of smart bt receiver (to detect the secondary button’s signal) with transmitter (to send the signal triggered ‘smartly’).

Not sure if the signal is encrypted but a replacement button I got was easily paired.

Any feedback would be awesome. Also sorry if this isn’t the right place to ask.

This forum is for people who are using the Samsung SmartThings ™ Home automation platform, so all of the questions and answers are assumed to be in that context. Since I don’t believe that brand has a Smartthings Integration, there’s not much we can do to help you here. I suggest you try the Reddit home automation subforum, which is brand agnostic.

I do have one thought if you can’t find any other solution. You can use a robot button pusher, these are small, battery-operated, and pretty inexpensive. You will need to get their hub in order to get integration with a voice assistant, but it does work with Alexa, Google assistant, and Siri Shortcuts. Essentially it’s like a robot finger. It can be very useful for situations where all you need is a button press.

(I myself am tetraplegic, so I do use these in my own home for things like the blender button or the DVD eject.)

The cost is usually about $40 for the mini hub and then about $30 for each button pusher, but they do sometimes go on sale.

Here’s the manufacturer’s site:

They are also sold through Amazon in several countries.

Again, I’m not saying that’s the best answer, but it might be an option if you can’t find anything else.

1 Like

Thank you for your thoughts. I will try Reddit, whilst a button pusher is a genius idea I’d like to still be able to use my secondary button.
Your response was very much appreciated.
James

1 Like