[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

:slight_smile: Follow it carefully. This is the piece that seems to give people the most trouble. If you follow it exactly, specifically the copying and pasting and making sure you have no spaces in any of the fields pointed out, it will be smooth sailing for you.

yep I am good to go! thank you again

1 Like

Hi

I have two nest thermostats. They are in the same house but connected to different wifi (if this is relevant).
The one on the same wifi of the ST hub go continuously offline and send notifications but if I go into it on the ST app I can click the x on the top right hand side and change temperature and it will work.
Simply I get lots of notifications and the little red triangle in ST saying that the device is not available,
Can you help me understanding what’s going on?
thanks
F

v5.3.0 fixes the white space issue finally :slight_smile:

Got the message again today, twice.

I replaced a hub and now I I cannot reinstall NST Automations: Status Page “You are missing the Client ID and Secret. We are no longer provide you with a built-in …” I have hubs at two remote locations and I was able to reinstall NST Automations on those hubs. On the edit SmartApp>>OAuth page of IDE there is a client ID and Client Secret. I have refreshed them. It seems like the new hub (ver 2) is the problem?

It’s NST Manager, not NST Automations. (The Automations piece runs through NST Manager.

Read my post from yesterday on creating the Nest Developer Account. That will answer your question on the clientID and clientSecret missing. Quit refreshing the Oath - Nothing to do with the issue

Sorry, brain lock.

1 Like

First, thanks for making this available. All has been working fine until just recently. Similar to what others have said above, I am getting a push message a couple times a day from this app that states
"Info: Nest manager updates(s) are available: automation app 5.2.0"

I’ve checked my IDE, looked at the code published in my account for Application Name: NST Automations and it shows I have “def appVersion() { “5.2.1” }”.

So I’m not sure why I continue to get these messages from the app. How can I stop these?

Thanks

Same problem re: “Nest manager update(s) are available.” No update shown in IDE.

I would simply ignore the update messages for now guys.

You can either wait for the beta version (v5.30) to make it to the “master” Repository or if those update messages you are receiving are just to much to bear, you can always modify your repo settings from master to beta and update all the code for SmartApps and Device Handlers. I only recommend this for those of you comfortable making changes and updating in IDE. It’s the holidays, so you are on your own if you mess something up in the meantime

Happy holidays! :christmas_tree: :fireworks: :tada:

1 Like

I’m fairly new to NST Manager but I was under the impression the device handler for the Thermostat would allow you to change the temperature and/or mode. Is that correct? I tried updating the temperature using the device handles on my IOS Smartthings app and, although the app seems to indicate the temperature was updated correctly, when I look at the thermostat itself no change is reflected. The app also go back to the original temperature reading on the next poll. I also tried to create an automation to update the mode to cool during the summer and heat during winter but they don’t seem to have any effect on the actual thermostat mode when I test the automations. Any assistance with these would be much appreciated.

My guess is that in your Nest Developer Account, you only gave “read” access to the Thermostat permission. Your 5 permissions in Nest Developer should look like this:

If that’s the issue, after you update the permission in Nest Developer, you will receive a message in your Nest Mobile app that you will need to open and then press Allow.

FYI: you don’t need the Structure permission shown in my screenshot.

1 Like

Hopefully simple question, should I expect “Add a Thing” to find my nest devices? I have NST installed and can see my devices from within the SmartApp but not from My Things. I tried adding a device manually configuring it with the installed device handlers but the thing it adds erros with a NPE and doesnt appear to actually be associated with an actual thermostat. Any guidance on adding a device after everything is installed would be much appreciated.

Nope, you won’t find Nest devices by adding a Thing. The Nest devices are added/created when you select them from within NST Manager and they are automatically added to Things:

How did u set that up?

Hey Matt,

1. Login to home.nest.com (web) and set Camera sharing to view publicly (no password)

2. Then copy that url https://video.nest.com/live/xxxxxxxxxx into a browser to view that stream. You can do with Chrome, however it was easier for me to use IE (for viewing source)

3. While viewing that stream, you will right click just outside the camera area (sometimes it takes two right clicks) until you see the option to “View Source”.

4. While looking at the source code, do a search on nexusapi. You want to take that entire url all the way through the width at the end of the url and copy that (https://nexusapi.dropcam.com/get_image?uuid=…” all the way through the 560 at the end.)

5. Go into ActionTiles / My Media and create a Media entry for each camera (you can adjust your seconds accordingly) - When you paste the url into that media, if you did it correctly, the image will show up immediately as shown below:

1. Edit your Panel / Tileset and add a new Media and select the Camera media you created.

2. View your panel and there ya go.

FYI: Depending on your ISP and any restrictions you might have with your plan / rate / bandwidth you may want to adjust the refresh rate to something other than 2 seconds as I have set for my media.

Ah thank you vm

Anyone else keep getting notified about a new Automation Smartapp 5.2.0 available? I keep getting push notifications to update, but according to my IDE/GitHub, I am on the latest already.

Hi all,
I’ve been using NST Manager with my Thermostat for a while. Today I added my Nest Cam to the system and updated NST to the latest version, but no Cam is showing in Physical Devices on the NST Manager setup.

Anything I have to do to refresh the list?

Thanks in advance,
Josh