[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

I had the older Nest Manager installed and today I added the newest version. So far I can go under Marketplace, Nest Manager, and I can view everything like My home location, my physical devices such as 4 protects and 1 camera. When I go to my home though I don’t see any of the devices in the list. Am I missing something?

Thank you for the time and help

I have the Nest Protect and the Nest Doorbell. I have installed NST Manager so that I could use the motion detection of the doorbell to trigger the porch light using SmartThings. I assume the doorbell shows up as a camera because the doorbell was not out when the NST Manager was written. Everything seems to be working fine except that while motion will send me a notification (with considerable lag) it will not be detected by ST. I had been previously been using a Ring doorbell without a problem.

If anyone has any ideas, your help would be appreciated.

Interesting, i received the following message from Heroku this morning:

“ Hi,

You have used 80% of your 550 free dyno hours for July 2019. The following steps can help you keep your app running smoothly…”

Has anybody else received a similar msg. What does that mean?

Thanks.

Sounds like your using the original server. The new version only runs every 5 days just to refresh the cookie

Isn’t heroku used with Echo Speaks and not NST Manager?

Lol… It is… I was on my phone and didn’t notice it was in the NST thread

1 Like

Oops my mistake, I used both apps and automatically though about that thread. Does the server update take place automatically when the app is updated?

1 Like

Forgive me if this is covered somewhere else (please point me in the right direction) but I didn’t find anything in the Wiki.

Am I right in assuming that the custom command “eco()” sends the Nest into eco-mode when run and “ecobtn()” is a toggle between eco-mode and what ever the preivous mode was (end eco-mode)?

both end up to eco(), so I suggest you just use eco

the btn is part of dealing with ST tiles, and could change as it is really for internal driver use.

1 Like

Is this project still functional? I haven’t been able to communicate with my thermostat for months. Updates via your smart app in smartthings app are not reflected on my nest and I also cannot control the thermostat via Google Home when added through smartthings. Is there anything that I can do to fix this?

1 Like

Should be operational until Aug 31, 2019 at which point the Nest API will be shut down. There is always hope that google will provide a new API but who knows :frowning:

Have you opened the NST Manager and clicked on Save in the upper right of the screen? Then allow a few minutes for everything to sync.

It “should” be operational after August 31st too, as long as you don’t convert your account to the new Google Nest account. Many works with nest companies have not received further instructions on what comes next, so they were told that they can continue to use Nest API until the new Google API will offer the same or better functionality.

Yes but folks who set up a nest developer account and set up a token for use with
NST Manager will cease in August 31.

1 Like

Ha ha,
I’ll be surprised if it will do anything except work with the Google home.
I bet alexa will not even work.
Google sucks!

1 Like

Hey, hey, Google said they are “working” with Amazon, too bad that none of Bezos teams knows about it, much like most other “Works with Nest” partners.

Yes, many times. It doesn’t seem to sync and I still can’t use Google Assistant to set temperatures or modes.

I use a direct connection between google assistant and nest instead of through the google assistant - ST connection… But that is just me. I like to use direct connections from Google Assustant to other products such as Hue, lutron Caseta instead of going through ST. I disable the enable all devices to link to Google Assistant and only allow select ones that I choose.

I was trying to set up an automation with my Nest based on cooling temperature and it seems that the numbers may be a bit off @tonesto7

Looking for some help getting NST Manager to stay current. For the past few weeks it stops automatically updating every couple days. When I open Nest Weather or my thermostats, it will show an old date for “Tstat Last Checked-In”. It also isn’t automatically changing the mode based on presence.

If I hit the “play” button on NST Manager in my smartapps list (automations tab), it will refresh and work fine for a couple days before it stops working again. The app and device handlers are current on my IDE. Any suggestions?

I want to setup a remote temperature sensor using an ST sensor. However, since Nest is going to impact all of us with their API changes is it correct to assume this solution will be short-lived? Am I better of spending money on a Nest Remote Sensor? I’d really like to avoid that if it’s not needed.

@tonesto7 thoughts?