[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

I performed both resets for the device having the issue, waited a few minutes, and no luck. Event History and Usage History tiles are blank. The graph with the x-axis doesn’t show up.

well you win the prize of this months unique issue :slight_smile:
I will investigate further and get back to you.

1 Like

:smile: I went through NST Manager settings and re-saved all settings again. No luck. Thanks for suggestions.

Quick question, set up 2 Nest protects about e weeks ago
Today noticed that Device type is 5.2.0 (new 5.3.1)
Got the new code, updated the device handler saved, published, but it did not update. It still shows th same If I check in the ST app.
Did the same for the Nest manager and it updated fine.

What did I do wrong?
Thanks to the developer for all the work on this project!

Thanks

If you are sure you updated the dth (and smartapp) code in the IDE properly, then go into the Nest Manager in the ST mobile app, and hit “save”.

I usually shows the updated code within 2-5 mins.

That’s it, just checked and is all good now, just had to wait :slight_smile:
Thanks for your reply!

I’m seeing the same thing, DTH and SmartApps updated from Repo (nothing showing left to update) yet I still see Device Type 5.2.0 (New: v5.3.1) in the ST app. Any help on how to fix or why this is still remaining like this ?

Another quick question, is there any way (not sure if developer API supports it) to control and trigger on Humidifier being controlled by the Nest through NST Manager ? i.e when humidity is x do y OR if humidifier is running then turn on / leave open vents etc ?

Thanks

ensure you updated properly, and did save/publish for me. Ensure if using github integration the dths and smart apps show black in color (meaning up to date). Then go into the smartapp and hit “save”.

On humidifier control, there is an automation built-in for this.

See:

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=NST_Manager

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=NST_Manager#Humidifier_Control

http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=NST_Manager#nst_humidity

Yep both DTH & SMartApp fully updated and published, show black as expected but still seeing the same thing in the ST app. Not sure why this won’t update

Thanks for the humidifier links, will go take a look now

That doesn’t actually work does it?

These issues will all be irrelevant in coming weeks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Removed everything relating to NST Manager from the ST app then re-added and bingo now shows 5.3.1. Not sure why it took that level of forcing but it worked.

Other question I have around the humidifier is how does this work when I have a humidifier directly wired to the Nest ? The nest sees it and allow me to control (through Nest menu’s) humidity level setting (if set to Humidifier only) or simple more or less humid if set to Humidifier + Heat. When using with NST manager how do / can I get it to display that it is in humidifier mode (shows Humidifying on the physical Nest when doing this) ? Is there an extra DTH needed to handle this even though its direct wired to the Nest ?

Thanks

Remember the screenshot I sent a few weeks ago?

IDE say buh bye :smile:

2 Likes

I am no pro at this, but trying so apologise for this… I have followed code route for nest manager and automations including enable oath and publish to me. Instruction then state click my device, and then add device - for all of the different products, and then to do same code method. However when i click on add device there is no add from code option?

You don’t add any Devices in IDE (Device Handlers yes, Devices, no - See below).

After you created the SmartApps in IDE, you need to create ALL the Device Handlers in IDE as well per the instructions.

After you have created all of the code in IDE and after you have created your Nest Developer Account and placed the clientID and clientSecret into the NST Manager SmartApp Settings as per the instructions.

Then all you have to do is go to the Marketplace on the Mobile App and from My Apps, select NST Manager, then it walks you through authenticating with your Nest Account and then after that, you will select all of your existing Nest Devices that NST Manager sees from within the SmartApp.

Next week, you won’t have to mess with creating all the code in IDE. It will be a magical moment, but for now, if you can’t wait, you need to follow ALL of the instructions I listed above for you to be able to successfully install NST Manager.

This may have already been addressed, but I don’t see the solution anywhere. I am a new user. I just installed the newest version today (5.3.3). I am not what you would call a “programmer”, but have followed the installation instructions. This is what I get when selecting the thermostat from the “Things” list in ST app. Any idea on how I can fix this?
Screenshot_20180201-155737

Screenshot_20180201-155726

It looks to be great except for the middle. What does the reminder about HTML content at the bottom refer to?

Thanks in advance. BTW, awesome app!

It has about 1000 times :slight_smile: - You can do a search on this thread only and look for blue spin and it will explain about the issue with Android clients and the HTML Tiles (First time you open in Things, it loads appropriately, after that, you have to force stop ST app for it to display again).

Anyway,

If you Open NST Manager, and then click on “Tap to Modify Devices”, then scroll to the bottom, you now have access to the HTML Information (Graphs) in an independent browser. See attached:

1 Like

I should clarify. I saw the problem referenced several times, but no solution. I take it that there isn’t one? Thanks @WB70

2 workarounds:

Force stop ST and access device again

Or

From my screenshot above, you have access to that device info whenever you want.

For a permanent solution, rumor has it, this is being worked on.

Thank you, device handles done also now. I have read through the instructions and don’t see this Nest Developer account part? if i try to add onto smart things app now without that i presume won’t work. How do i do this?