[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

Edit: never mind

I knew it was something stupid, I had checked multiple time to make sure I didn’t have leading or trailing spaces, but I never verified side by side the numbers. Apparently I had pasted the a few extra characters at the end of the number and it looked like part of the number. Never thought of that. Thank-you for helping

Been running NST_Manager 5.3.2 for 24 hours now, No problem till now, Recieved the following text
Nest Thermostat Health Warning Device is currently OFFLINE
Please check your logs for possible issues.

I checked and it was offline. before I could do much more checking the heat kicked on and the status went from Offline to working again. Is this something I need to be concerned with. I did read about turning off Health Checks if it was on, mine was on, so now it’s off. Should I turn it back on now that it seems to be working again? This is on ios

I want to thank @tonesto7 for his wonderful integration for my Nest E into Smartthings. I am currently on ver 5.3.2 of NST Manager. I am trying to use the Automation to schedule use of alternative temp sensors only at night and revert back to normal (no alternative sensors) during the day. Seems like I can only schedule the automation using alternative sensors if the alternative sensor is already been turned on and the sensor selected in the automation for the entire day? If this has already been explained, then please point me in the direction of the documentation so I can figure out what I’m doing wrong. Thanks.

Honestly the health has no overall effect on the Nest… It merely allows you to see if the device is available in ST.

I added Health support to help users gauge if they were having wifi issues with their nests. Honestly you can disable that notification if you wish as it seems some users have more health issues than others. You will have to try and monitor the devices in ST and the Nest app to see if the health is actually accurate.

I’m glad you like it @leroy77. I will be honest. @E_Sch is the guru when it comes to the different combos of the automations. I spend so much time developing that I don’t have time to tinker with my Automations to really build them out :wink:

Thanks for the reply, and Thank you developing it.

I use webcore to do this. I have a simulated sensor that I use and based on who is home and what time of the day I either use one of three sensors, the average or revert back to the next based on how often I receive updates from my temp sensors.

I see the nest go, or at least think, they are off line until you actually go to the nest and it will show that it is not offline. There is something to do with the comms between nest and the NST manager that somehow get wonky and they think they are offline. Have not been able to capture it in the logs but have seen it happen

I have 3 Nest Protects and am finding that one or more of them seem to report as offline pretty regularly -
ranging from several hours at a time to several days.

I haven’t received any alerts from the actual Nest app, so I’m pretty confident that they aren’t actually offline.
Further complicating the matter is that only one of the Protects shows up on my router, but I think that is actually normal as the other two are battery operated and it is my understanding that they do not keep a constant connection to the router…

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Battery operated Protects only connect once a day, normally one hour earlier than it did the previous day. It is here and gone in less than a minute once it connects. The exception would be if you run a “Safety Check-up,” then it will connect when the test is complete.

Have been having the same offline notification too, almost every hour and its everyday. the one having that issue is wired.

Thanks - didn’t know that! Could this be related to why the device is showing ‘offline’? Is NST Manager trying to connect to it and can’t because the hardware itself only appears for an instant once per day?

I wonder how we can determine if the issue is with Nst Manager or if the Nest protect itself is actually having connectivity issues?

I know a few weeks back the same protect showed offline in the Nest app but since then its been online but yet in NST Manager it shows offline once every hour. its the only wired one I have the others are battery powered and no issues with them

On your protect, you should show the attributes values (or look i UI) for

Does Nest manager correctly think your device is battery powered vs. mains powered

In IDE
-> My Device -> Select your protect -> screen shot the current states and post as a private message

@All, seeing the same issue as others have mentioned which is that I am seeing the Device Type Update Is Available. Shows me at 5.2.0 and shows 5.3.1 in parentheses but see no way to update this. Go through IDE and push all updates so what is this referring to and how do I update it ?

Thanks

Hi, im new doing this things, i need help with to install make this work. I followed every step and read many post of other people here and i was able to fix some stuff but even like that once on the smartthings app i go to marketplace then smartapps i select nest manager and it gives me de option so i can login with my nest credentials but everytime i try it shows “Oops We’ ve encountered an error. Please try again” and everytime i try is the same. I read that i needed to check the clientid and clientsecret to make sure there not spaces in between but also something about a callurl or something like that where do i find this to make suere doesnt have spaces? Im running the 5.3.2 and another thing is that when i get the oops message if i regresh that screen and i login again it actually open the webversion of nest is that correct?

Thank you in advance

Loving the app! Minor issue: I keep getting notifications that updates are available, but it’s for a previous version? For example today I got “Nest Manager Update(s) are Available: Thermostat v5.3.1” but I’m already on 5.3.2? Again really minor, but any idea?

I followed the instructions in the .pdf you recommended back on 12/29/2017 and I no longer get the error which stated:

“You are missing the Client ID and Secret. We can no longer provide you with a built-in Nest Client ID and Secret. Please check the Wiki for Detailed instructions on creating your own Nest Dev ID and Secret.”

1. But now, when I try and click on the thing, Nest Thermostat, the android app’s blue circle simply spins and nothing ever really loads up anymore. What can I do to fix this?

2. When I couldn’t originally get things working, I also installed all of the following Device Handler’s (back on 12/29/2017) in the IDE:

tonesto7: Nest Thermostat

tonesto7: Nest Camera
tonesto7: Nest Presence
tonesto7: Nest Protect
tonesto7: Nest Weather

Since I do not have any Nest Camera, Presence, Protect, or Weather devices, should I delete these device Handlers at this time? Any harm for performance of the Thermostat or security issues in keeping them active despite not having those Nest devices?

Thank you