[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

You are welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ll have a look into it, anything has to be easier than all that I’ve just has to do :grinning:

On a positive note. It’s good experience for you to see some of the moving parts from the back end.

I agree, can’t thank you enough for all your help.

1 Like

The only device that hasn’t come back to life is the weather app, however that’s not too important.

What happens if you open it and scroll to bottom and refresh?

Nothing at all.

I just downloaded a new github update a few minutes ago just to mention it.

1 Like

Did you have this up and running in your previous install or first time you have used weather?

If you open NST Manager and goto Device Customization, can you select Custom Weather Location? and then select Is Custom Location?

Yeah it worked fine before.

I’ve been through NST and added the sane settings it had before. It’s not a huge worry if it fails to work, as I hardly use it.

Let it soak overnight and see if it refreshes tomorrow.

So I had one Nest and I managed to get it all working just great. I’ve since replaced my 2nd thermostat with another Nest, and while I can see both in Nest Manager and it says Physical Devices [2] Thermostats, I only have one Nest in my device list which is the first one. Do I need to remove everything and start again for it to work or am I missing an extra piece of config to add the second one to the Device list?

You shouldn’t have to do this.

Open NST Manager from Automations / SmartApps
Press “Tap to Modify Devices”
Are both Thermostats listed there? Take a screenshot

If only one is there, press on Nest Thermostats and select the other one, and then perform Done / Next / Save / Save until you are taken all the way back to the Main Automations screen. Check in Things to see if 2nd one shows up.

If they were both there, perform a Next / Save Save all the way back to Main Automations screen.
Check in Things to see of 2nd one shows up.

If the 2nd one still doesn’t appear, login to IDE and go through your list of Devices, sort them by type and see if you can locate the 2nd device or any device that looks out of place or incorrect.

I must have been in there 10 times trying to fix this, and they were both in there already, after doing a done / next / save all the way out its magically appeared. I wonder if I was not coming all the way back out. All sorted now anyway thanks for the quick reply!

Plasma

1 Like

Woohoo!

giphy

1 Like

I’m in the UK and think it is officially supported now and has been for about 4 months. It’s easy to do aswell makes it all so much easier, can’t remember exactly how I did it but think you create a github account then follow the instructions on linking it to ST and that’s it. Then add the information of the developer and off you go :slight_smile:

So I just got whacked pretty bad by the ST Outtage. I am using a virtual thermostat and the network went down when the heat was cranked on - so the heat stayed cranked on to the point it got to 100 degrees in the room where the remote sensor was. It looks like the platform came back up but NM still didn’t seem to take over. It was showing vTStat was showing it was 100 degrees but the heat was still running with a heat set point of 69 and a cool setpoint of 75. I can’t figure out why the heat didn’t kick off and AC kick on once ST was back online. Once I saved settings by going into NM and back out again without changing everything it all got back on schedule. Does that mean if ST goes out then NM will not catch up unless it is resaved?

Also, my extreme overheat cannot happen again or my wife is going to tear everything out of the wall. The second condition that made it possible was I had the “Adjust Temp” set to 10 degrees. So while my real thermostat was only trying to get to 76 the other room roasted. I now have it set to 4 degrees. This would have made a big different last night. The reason I had such a large setting there was during the fall when it would be possible to have both Heat and AC in the same day I would often get hit with errors saying it couldn’t adjust to a set point because it was too close to the other. Perhaps there is a different solution to that…

Also, looking through the Events List, I can see the VTstat log say safetyTempExceeded… Shouldn’t this trigger something like shutting down the heat?

You did the right thing go into nest manager, and hit “save”; this resets the smartapps and dths

Smartthings has been having platform issues, see their status page.

It is impossible to know when ST has a platform issue, what was saved or lost as far as data…or operations.

1 Like

It started just before midnight (Pacific time) and I suspect there are still issues going on as people are still reporting things.

@chrstnmchl I would just leave things alone in the meantime until whatever is happening with ST is 100% behind us. Hopefully you have backup methods to control your TStat like through Alexa, the Nest app or directly on the Nest itself.