[BROKEN] NST Manager v5.0 (Does Not Work Anymore)

Thanks, I got it working after I removed everything and started again :slight_smile:

I’m trying to setup an automation to cook a poorly ventilated room using a remote sensor. My settings now work during the schedules time but I’d also like to have it active only when there is motion detected. I added the motion sensor but it doesn’t seem to affect the behavior. Any tips on configuration?

It seems you would set the default remSen temp, and the schedule temp (not motion) to some very high cool value.

So default the cool setpoint is 90 degrees (I think for nest 90 is the max)

then for motion it could be set to 80 or whatever.

Of course there are other ways to skin this cat depending on need.

Ah, yes, that makes sense. I had forgotten that I had them both set to the same temp. At least with different temps I’ll be able to see which one kicks in. Thanks!

Jason

Can we use the thermostat for motion sensing capability? I’m trying to set up some pistons in webCoRe with it. I know IFTTT uses it I just don’t see it here anywhere. Am I missing it somewhere?

My understanding from what @E_Sch has said in the past is no.

Im getting this same Error… did you get this fixed?

Make sure when you login to nest, you use the primary nest account login information

No I didn’t I ended up deleting the smart app and devices. I will do a fresh install

Any chance that you could use the same color scheme for the Nest Protect as ST does in their DTH?
I just got a zwave smoke detector and noticed that the colors are different

According to the documentation the clear status should be white/grey
http://docs.smartthings.com/en/latest/device-type-developers-guide/tiles-metadata.html

I’m pretty sure we are using the standard scheme. I updated them a few months ago. I will look into it though

Hey folks, I’m getting a new error:

Nest Manager API CMD Failed:
The (Device Poll async) CMD sent to the API has failed.
Status Code: null
ErrorMsg: Received Response…
DT: Min Jul 31 19:115:22 PDT 2017

Help please.

I am trying to set a notification based on the nest losing power from my AC. I have a safety float switch that will cut power to the unit if the drain pipe fills up too much. The problem is, I don’t know right away when this happens. The Nest thermostat reports an error saying there is no power from the HVAC. I was going to try to use the idle state as an alert criteria; however, I realized it goes into idle state anytime it is not actively cooling or heating, so that will not work. Does NST Manager v5.0 (which I installed yesterday and am running) report errors that I can create a notification script for? I would greatly appreciate any assistance someone may have. Worst case, I’ll have to put a sensor inline with the 24v circuit from the switch so if the sensor loses power it will report to the smartthings hub rather than the Nest thermostat. Thank you for all the hard work on this awesome integration!

I have looked into the Aeon HEM v2, but it seems like overkill especially if I can use the Nest’s own information to trigger the notification.

You would need to see what states Nest Changes when you do this.

Does the thermostat go from online -> offline? The issue with this is that online -> offline can happen because of internet, and other issues. The other issue will be how long it takes to go offline. Nest devices connect intermittently because of the battery.

There is a built in automation in NST Manager that can be enabled - it detects a water sensor being wet and turns the HVAC system off. That would have you installing a water sensor to detect the water, then relying on the automation to turn off the system. You could use this “first”, and have your float solution set as a failsafe if the water continues to rise.

Thank you for the reply, Eric. When I tested last night, the thermostat did not change status to offline, so I don’t think I will be able to go that method. I have the smartthings water sensor; however, it is positioned under the drain pan, so if water leaks onto the ceiling, it will alert me. There are actually two safety switches built into the unit. One that connects to the PVC drain pipe, which is the float switch that usually is the first thing to go off. Then, there is a switch connected to the drain pan, which will shut off the unit if the pan gets too full of water. My problem is, the float switch has at times ended up getting water in the PVC pipe and shut off my ac, but I will not know about it until I either see the error on the Nest screen or realize the temperature is getting out of range in the house.

As for Nest, I ran through their API and was unable to see any information to determine if there is an error condition with the thermostat. The error showing on the physical Nest Thermostat is E23 (https://nest.com/support/article/What-do-Nest-s-error-codes-mean#E23), which indicates the Rc power wire from HVAC is not receiving power.

From what I can ascertain thus far, I will not be able to use the thermostat to report if there is an error. I hope I am wrong though!

Here is the only thing I can find that might indicate an issue. When the float switch opens (shutting off the unit), the four lines in this screenshot show up together.

ok. It is likely if you cut the power off to nest, it may not be able to send much of anything out for status.

I’ve been getting this a lot lately too. I turned off all API notifications but still receive this one.

One of my nest protect is showing offline but I checked in Nest app everything looks fine, anybody having the same issue?

When the unit is idle due to being at a set temperature does the thermostatOperatingState change to fan only like above? That might be a difference that you can look for? On my thermostat when it stops cooling due to reaching the set point the thermostatOperatingState changes from cooling to idle, not fan only.