Broadlink RM2 compatibility (bridges 433 MHz and 315 MHz )

thanks for the reply.

I am still a bit blur on the smartapps. I want to achieve “turn off master switch to turn off group of switches” I should not select invert in this case right?

may I know which part is the “turn on then off” or “turn off then on”? quite weird, i remember seeing it working but can’t work now.

now that I press the off button on the master switch, it doesn’t switch off switches that are off in smartthings. am I right to say that by right it will “turn on then turn off”? or how your this solution actually work?

Hi everybody, i’m considering buying the rm2 pro to control my AC. Can someone confirm that I can control the AC completely from ST app? To be able to change temperature, fan speed etc?

Also, could someone post screenshots of the ST app, AC control menu?

Thanks!

Yep, dont select invert

Use this code, since invert is confusing you; I have removed it.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/itsamti/MySmartthingsApps/master/Automate%20Lights%20without%20invert

It should turn off switch regardless switch is on/off in smartthings. I remember it was not working for me so I had to use my own simumated switch device handler

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/itsamti/MySmartthingsApps/master/RM%20Bridge%20Simulated%20Switch

thanks for removing the invert. may I know what switches are you controlling that works? is it broadlink tc2 or zwave switches? your this simulated switch device handling is only used for the master switch right? I am actually using your master switch to control 2 simulated switch (generated from mcohome), sometimes the status reported back to smartthings instantly and I have no problem controlling it. but when sometimes it doesn’t, then i use your master switch to turn off, it doesn’t. I am pretty sure I got the setup correct. using ur device handling to created my master switch. using your smartapps to tag the master switch to my 2 simulated switch. what else have gone wrong?

A little help anybody?

I am using etekcity RF outlets, few X10 appliance modules.

My setup is exactly what described here -

Only difference is, I am using my customized device handler for switches

You need to clarify if AC remote is IR/RF or some other. In either case, most IR/RF works on broadlink; only few gives code too long error. You will be creating separate switches for each action, so there wont be any AC control menu.

Please see here

Thanks itsamti, i’m talking about the IR, simple TV control features like changing channel, volume, etc… is this supported via smartthings app?

Hi,
If you’re speaking of app control the Broadlink E-Control App that supports the RMPro has a number of Aircon pre-sets in it which should do what you need.

Hi all, I have successfully set up Echo dot and Broadlink rm2 to control my tv and other IR gadgets in the house.

As Android device I’m using Nvidia Shield TV (2015 model) with RM Bridge App.

Currently the Nvidia shield TV is connected wirelessly to the home network.

I tried to connect the Nvidia shield TV via Ethernet cable to have a faster connection when watching Netflix but this would break Alexa.

Is there a way to use Ethernet cable connection to the Android device and keep everything working?

I am with Plusnet UK and I could obtain a static IP for £5 fee.

Would that work?

Thanks in advance.

Jeremy

Thanks @AndyH! Mine just arrived today and works perfectly with my devices.

However, while trying to make it learn the IR codes over the web portal, I keep getting this error: Error learning code: mac:::: not rm2…

Any idea what am I doing wrong, @itsamti ? I tried the same from different computers but still no luck…

Newbie here, Does RM3 (black bean) works with smartthings?

@Hiato Have you figured this out? I’m getting the exact same error with my RM2 that arrived today. I see @beckyricha1 mentioned this here: https://github.com/beckyricha/Broadlink-RM-SmartThings-Alexa/issues/17, but there weren’t any definite solutions. I’ve updated the firmware to 20025 and downgraded RM Bridge to 1.3.0 as suggested in that thread, but nothing works. I keep getting that same error: “not rm2”.

I downgraded to 20024 and RM bridge to 1.3.0 and it worked! You can also try 20022, a lot of people are saying it works.

Anyone got RM3? It seems supporting rolling codes and more frequencies.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.broadlink.com.cn/en/downloads/ppt-corp-intro.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwjQi-H7oJzSAhWIQiYKHXyaD58QFgg6MAQ&usg=AFQjCNFmAdNxkaTz0Bf8YgNdXDg6uUHr0Q&sig2=dGJOKJCtvKJ53t3lEKT8EA

Thanks so much for the reply! Do you happen to have a link for downgrading
firmware? I’ve Google’d for about 20 minutes and can’t find a thing. I
know there was an upgrade link in this thread…would it work to alter that
for downgrading as well?

@mggopher Here’s the link for 20022 firmware and this is for the 1.3.0 RM Bridge Android app

Turns out it’s possible to remove the Android bridge requirement. This python library (https://github.com/mjg59/python-broadlink) allows you to send codes directly to the RM.

I wasn’t able to get it to learn new RF codes, so I used the RM Bridge android app to get the hex RF codes I need. Then the python library sends them just fine to my RM2.

Also, since I now don’t have to use RM Bridge, it’s relatively simple to interact with the RM2 from outside my local network.

2 Likes

Can someone confirm what is the latest version available to buy. I seem to find different versions on Chinese websites which look alike.

RM Pro
RM2 Pro
RM3

Some are listing that they have serial number starting with RM03 would that be the latest one? Any differences between the versions?

I finally bought one from Amazon and see it has the RM03 serial number. In the RM tasker it is detected as RM2+ (10026). I watched a comparison video on youtube which shows differences between RM2 Pro and RM3 Pro. As per the video 10026 is RM3. Not sure what difference this makes.