Broadlink RM2 compatibility (bridges 433 MHz and 315 MHz )

A friend is working on integrating the broadlink into smartthings…she’s sending the commands through the smartthings hub using hubaction so no open ports are necessary although she plans to offer an option to use an externally forwarded port for folks who don’t have a hub. She has plans to do a rewrite to work with the free rm bridge app due to some issues getting the author of the rm tasker app to correctly fix his code and reply in a timely manner. I’m currently using the old version with plans to try the new version with a 2nd broadlink I purchased so I could control the IR devices in an exercise room in addition to the ones in the living room. I can confirm it works quite well with my mitsubishi tv (on/off) and pioneer receiver (mute on/off)…you do have to be a bit quirky if you want alexa support as alexa only supports switches so I named a “device” “Receiver Mute” and turn it on and off to mute the shows…I’ve also used it and RF to control etekcity wireless rf outlets ($5 each) and led concepts bulb sockets.

2 Likes