Broadlink RM2 compatibility (bridges 433 MHz and 315 MHz )

My guess is the signal is not reaching the device. Is it RF or IR?

I know RM2 flashes a yellow light when it is sending a command. A simple check is to see if it flashes when you press the button in Smartthings.

hi

i try this code but dont work:
For example - you want to create simulated switch HOME LIGHTS , which will control all home lights (Say 20 RF switches).
I found issues with using standard simulated switch and standard smartthings published Lights Automation. Since Broadlink doesnt report ON/OFF status correctly, simulated switch will not turn off RF switch if it was turn on using remote. I guess it checks the smartthings switch status and turning on with remote will not change status in smartthings.

This issue will be resolved if Simulated switch is created using device handler I have created ( https://raw.githubusercontent.com/itsamti/MySmartthingsApps/master/RM%20Bridge%20Simulated%20Switch

if i swith on with remote them ask alexa to swith off dont close the light ,

do i made anything rong?

Working for me, not 100% sure what you have. This works with smart app I have created.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/itsamti/MySmartthingsApps/master/Automate%20Lights

And Broadlink RM device handler below
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/itsamti/Broadlink-RM-SmartThings-Alexa/master/Broadlink%20RM%20Bridge%20Switch%20LAN

If you try exactly what i have given in my post, it should work. I had been using it over a month now.

Simulated Switch should have device handler as below

I am on latest firmware too, it works every single time.

When I got broadlink, I did had to find optimum location where it can reach to all my devices everytime. I had to move it few places to double check which location is better. So try moving RM Bridge and see if works.

HI

im using rm tasker plugin to bridge with RM2 and automagic app and UDP app with http request https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZm5q54WU6U , work perfect but the problem is the same if we turn on a broadlink tc2 with remote if i ask alexa turn of she dont turn off, theres no switch code for smarthings u can turn off a switch is off already ? will resolve my problem, becouse im ussing tasker plugin to bridge with alexa but sametimes stop working,

i think this code will work great , ex: if LIGHT is off, but ON on smarthings , we say alexa turn on the LIGHT! the code will turn off them turn on again and vice-versa ? and this will resolve the problem we all have using smarthings with RM2 for control TV, Lights etc

If Iā€™m hearing this right, the easiest workaround for now uses an ā€œRM Bridgeā€ android script/app. Where does that ā€œRM Bridgeā€ android script need to run?:

I just acquired a small Android TV box (Android 6.0) to use with my master bedroom TV (hardwired to same LAN as SmartThings and the WiFi access point) but the devices Iā€™d want to control with the RM Pro are on the opposite side of the house. So, . . .

(1) Does location (distance) of the android box not matter as long as itā€™s connected to the same LAN as the RM Pro is connected to?

(2) Is the RM Bridge continuously active in the background even when the android box is busy being used delivering TV or video to the bedroom TV, or do android boxes exclusively run one app at a time so the RM Bridge would be suspended until brought back to the front?

It works if

1. you are using RM bridge not tasker
  2. Using my modified code for creating switch

If I get time, will write clear instructions and get back.

1. Distance doesnā€™t matter as long as Broadlink RM is within wifi range
  2. RM bridge app runs in background, you can also select auto start in menu so that it will start when android box boots
1 Like

RM bridge dont work with broadlink TC2 swich, thats the problem , RM tasker plugin read all codes from broadlink

Ok, got it now. Sorry, cant help in that case. My setup is based on RM
Bridge.

The Broadlink device range is not an issue, Im sending RF codes anyway. When using the e-control app works perfect and instantly, when doing it through Alexa or ST it works some times and some dont.

Ty for the support, I already change same code lines and test and itā€™s working but only on turn ON, if I use your code the light turn on and off all the time with no stop, I think with your code Iā€™m almost there,

Best regards / Com os cumprimentos
JoĆ£o Berbereia

No dia 23/01/2017, Ć s 17:14, itsamti smartthings@discoursemail.com escreveu:

Great. Please do share edited code when works, I will upload it to github
so that others can use.

I got the integration working with smartthings and broadlink via both RM Tasker / RM Bridge.

Everything is working fine using RM Tasker, however I got 2 debug error; though everything is still working

1. Each time when I first ā€˜Installā€™ the smartapp, I got this
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The JSON input text should neither be null nor empty. @ line 50
    where line 50 is
    def json = new JsonSlurper().parseText(text)

2. Each time I when I press a ā€˜broadlink buttonā€™ in the smartthings app, I got this
    groovy.lang.MissingPropertyException: No such property: name for class: java.util.HashMap$Entry
    Possible solutions: value @ line 52
    where line 52 is
    def codename = ā€œ$it.nameā€

Everything works fine just that I donā€™t really like seeing error. I assume everything here is using the same code right? Does anyone see these error too? Any expert can resolve this?

Iā€™ve been looking for something like this!

Good day everyone.
I have RM Pro, Amazon Echo Dot and my WiFi router and donā€™t plan to buy any other hubs. Is it possible to control RM Pro by Alexa, without any changes in WiFi router settings? I have tried with trial ā€œRM tasker pluginā€ and it works well, without any additional changes in my router. But iā€™m trying to find some free solution)

1 Like

Hi guys

I need some help. Using the RM Bridge I have managed to generate codes for my broadlink devices. When tested on the fun2code website tey work perfectly.

Completed the Alexa app integration to smart things, all is well. Alexa is able to talk to smart things, the toggle of the switches indicates that its working.

It seems the code from smart things is not being sent out to the devices. I think my problem lies either with how I am adding devices, or with the way I did beckys device handler add to smart things. Either way, I am stumped, I have tried everything I can, read and re-read the instructions. Please help.

@itsamti

suddenly itā€™s not working nowā€¦ seems to be working yesterdayā€¦ i canā€™t get it working even though i reverted back to square oneā€¦ may i know the device handler and smartapp works?

if the switch is turned on physically, (not updated in smartthings) when i press ā€˜offā€™ on the simulated switch created via your device handler, am i right to say that it will turn on then turn off? any idea why it doesnā€™t? or should it be the same how it should work?

also i am quite confused on the smartapps

1. i suppose this is to select the simulated switch
  2. i suppose this is to group all switches together
  3. time is straight forward
  4. how about invert? I donā€™t understand this actually, i tried putting both true and false but didnā€™t get the result I wanted

can soneone please enlighten me?

If switch is turned on physically, when you press off on simulated switch, it will send SWITCH OFF command It will not turn on and then off.

You can enable logging in device handler and see what command its sending.

1. Simulated Switch i.e. master switch (I know i have given multiselect option but mostly you will be selecting 1 switch as master for group of lights to be turned on or off
  2. Group of switches to be turned on or off
  3. delay , I usually give 0
  4. Invert - if selected then If ā€œ1ā€ Master switch turn ON then ā€œ2ā€ Group of switches will turn OFF.
    if not selected then If ā€œ1ā€ Master switch turn ON then ā€œ2ā€ Group of switches will turn ON.
    Keep invert unselected if you want master switch on to ON all switches.