Broadlink RM2 compatibility (bridges 433 MHz and 315 MHz )

Hi will the broadlink RM2 and Echo dot 2 will interface without a hub of some sort?

So here is what Iā€™ve done.

Iā€™ve installed RM Plugin Lite, turned on its web server, then use CoRE to run web requests for each command. CoRE pistons are fired using virtual switches.

1 Like

Hi

Been trying to set this up to control a garage door, but the lack of state is causing issues. Is there a way to create push buttons rather than an on/off switch?

There is a momentary button tile DH you can use. But, I suggest adding an open/close sensor mainly since it will take a lot of the guesswork out.

How old is your garage door opener? Many newer ones use rolling codes,

@Coysssster: Maybe. If you look at the github page I posted earlier there are steps to use Smartthings cloud to complete the loop. I donā€™t use it personally. Looks like @beckyricha1 has been updating the docs some.

Problem was, coz my fan and garage door can be opened and closed or turned on and off by other remotes and the Broadlink device does no know the State of the device its sending codes to, sometimes you have to turn the switch on and off to make it off - not helpfull in a routine

So I have managed to modify the Device handler code. It now acts as a momentary push button but only uses the on attribute code. so to do an off, I have a second remote in Broadlink that has an on button that has the close code

I now have a bunch of push buttons in ST to open, or close my Garage door, of set fan to medium etc.

1 Like

Sounds great! Could you possibly show a screenshot of how you have this setup please in your SmartThings app?

Hi all,

Can anyone help me how to make event based task on broadlink rm2?

I want to turn on power plug I already have in the app but on event. I can do it manualy now or time based, but I want to turn the plug on when tempeture falls below 20 degrees C. To a power plug there is small old heating device connected which I turn on when its cold.

Tnx!

Hi, I just bought the RM2 Pro to control my shades via RF and it works perfect. Now I want to integrate it to Alexa and Smartthings. Doing the research i found some tutorial for this using an Android device and an app called RM Bridgeā€¦ Unfortunatelly I havnt been able to go beyond step 1, since I cant make it to learn any code in the RM Bridge webpage (m-bridge.fun2code.de/rm_manage/code_learning.html) because it doesnt identify the Android Device when typing out the address and the port.

Any ideas? I really want to integrate my shades to ST

The broadlink and the android device have to be on the same wifi. Use the broadlink app to confirm your android device can see the broadlink.

Youā€™d have to have a smartthings multisensor or motion sensorā€¦they both do temperature I thinkā€¦youā€™d have to have it configured in smartthings as well as your outlet and then youā€™d have to setup a smartthings rule but I strongly advise against this. You shouldnā€™t have small heaters like that running unattended. Itā€™s a fire waiting to happen. I would even hesitate to suggest manually turning it on ahead of time via the smartthings site because you have no way to know if something has fallen against the heater when away.

Yes but you still have to go through smartthings and have a ā€œdedicatedā€ android device. Youā€™d have to open a port on your router and forward the requests from smartthings to that android device. Itā€™s not a simple task. Buying a $50 smartthings hub is ALOT simpler and MUCH more secure since Becky routes the commands through the hub and smartthings has much higher quality security.

No hub means you have to open a port on your router TO THE INTERNET and forward the traffic to the ip/port of the dedicated android device running either rm tasker or rm bridge. Itā€™s not a simple solution.

When you do this you are:

Asking alexa to do something, then that request gets sent to amazon.com to actually process the request. They then contact smartthings and pass along the request. Smartthings then needs to talk to your dedicated android deviceā€¦to do that they need to know your ip address either directly or via a dynamic dns so ā€œfamewolf.blah.comā€ would point to the current ip assuming it changes each time you connect to the internet and the port your android device is usingā€¦your router then has to take that request and forward it to the ip and port of your android deviceā€™s internal lan (ie 192.168.1.1 port xxxx). Finally your android device processes the request and sends the command to the broadlink which then sends the command to the device. Itā€™s the equivalent of taking a walk around the block to get a glass of milk out of your refridgerator.

This doesnā€™t even touch on the security you need to have in place to prevent some hacker from being able to control devices in your home or hack into your local lan via the open port.

Hi all,

I made it! :slight_smile: I managed to do a lot since I wrote my question. I am using now a regular power plug that has RF remote control. I connected it to Broadlink RM2 RM Pro and I managed to get it turn on and off my heater when temperature is in desired parametars.

So how did I do it. Broadlink has temperature sensor already built in device, but you can not use it in E-Control application it doesnt have the option to do action when temperature changes. What I found is that there is a guy that made an awasome module for an app called Tasker on the android market. The module is called RM plugin Lite and it has trial 7 days free and then its few bucks cost. The Tasker you can get trial only from their website and after a while you need to pay 3 bucks for it. This opens ton of new possibilities.

The RM plugin recongnizes the device when you are connected to home network and can pull all buttons you created in E-Control app. From there you can set tasks that can read temperature from device and do an action accordingly. I have set when temp is below 23 to turn on and when goes above 25 to turn off and it works like charm. :slight_smile:

Hope I helped someone with this info, I did lot of research to come to this.

Cheers!

Heater is only active when I am in the room so no worries. Also I have camera that I can turn on in that room if something happens.

they are. I can control my items from the android box with no problem, but I RM Bridge web interface does not detect it

I think I got it, at least now it is detected in the fun2code webpage. Apparently you need to be on the latest firmware

Much thanks to beckyricha and Rudi and all good guys. but I still has a issue. I have no hub,i use cloud method. i can not link alex to smartthings. the error message come out: ā€œunable to link your skillā€. Now I can use smartthings APP in phone to control broadlink only when my phone is in same lan with broadlink, can not control outside of lan. I suppose my ip setting is wrong. so i change another random ip, in result, I can not control broadlink in smartthings app even in same lan. that means my original ip setting is correct. Check in the smarttings website portal, the status of device is inactive. Is this a reason of this issue? I surrender now, donā€™t know how to do.

my god. just success. can not link the skill in app, must do it in computer.

SO after updating the broadlink RM2 pro to the latest firmware I make it to work both ways with RM Tasker and with RM Bridge. The downside is that its kind of capriciousā€¦ the switch in ST works when it wants to works, sometimes I press the button and nothing happens, sometimes it takes a while and sometimes is inmediate.

Any idea why this might be happening?