Broadlink RM2 compatibility (bridges 433 MHz and 315 MHz )

Small step ahead: the Somfy RF signal should be transmitted significant time to be acquired. This is not just button press. The button should be hold half a second. Then the RM-pro receives it (amber LED flashes).
However, the immediate test doesn’t work. As well calibrated test doesn’t work too.

I found nice doc: https://pushstack.wordpress.com/2014/04/14/reversing-somfy-rts/
As expected, the RF communication is dynamic for security reasons.

Interesting how to change the recorded code in the RM-PRO?

Right now the Broadlink is a dead end. There is no HTTP plug in for it that will work with ST. An SDK was published by broadlink but that’s it.

You could take a look at something like STACK box but 433MHz is labelled *coming soon, which is demonstrably worthless claim these days.

Does the air sensor integrates with the RM2?

Doesn’t the RM2 has temperature, humidity sensors?

Any special configurations? Any air purifier that can be turned on to clean the air?

Good news, it’s not exactly a dead end.
I’ve build a Tasker plugin that works with Broadlink RM devices.
Take a look at my demo video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wj9GFhuhelM

The plugin is already available from Google Play Store http://bit.ly/rm_tasker
7-days trial version is also available

can some one tell me what the best curtain or blind product is best to purchase for the Broadlink / smart things system

1 Like

My DOOYA motors work great at 433MHz with broadlink. However they aren’t connected to ST.

Is there anything like this for IOS? I have blinds that use RF and if I use the RM2 from Broadlink I can control it from my iphone. I would love to get a native ST device type to operate the shades.

iOS does not have Tasker, or widget feature like on Android. Therefore, no point for me to try doing an iOS version.

Hi frnds i m trying to learn somfy remote with rm pro but doesn’t work. Is there anyother way to run somfy motor with Broadlink app.

Joylove how did you downloaded shared remote?? Or anyone pls tell me

What’s the difference between the RM and the RM2? I can see both listed on Amazon here in the UK (although mostly from sellers in China), but the specs look similar. Anyone know for sure?

Bump this. I would like to know to. Just found out about this and this maybe the route to go rather than the Hook.

RM Pro comes with IR blaster and RF 433/315MHz, RM Home has only IR blaster.

And what about the RM2? Or is that just another name for Pro?

RM1 is IR blaster only.
RM2 is RF + IR.

Home and Pro are the upgraded version.

Now I’m really confused.

Earlier you said:
Pro: IR+RF
Home: IR only

Now you say:
RM2: IR+RF
RM1: IR only

So what would an RM1 Pro be then?

P.

1st generation
RM1: IR
RM2: IR + RF

2nd generation
RM Home: IR
RM Pro: IR + RF

Brilliant. I think it was the name that confused me.

I’d assumed RM2 was second generation, replacing RM1,

Thanks for your help.

All we need now is some kind of ST integration!

(I’m aware of the hack using an old Android phone as a bridge).

I use the Broadlink RM Tasker plugin(Android) to connect to devices via HTTP calls.