Broadlink RM2 compatibility (bridges 433 MHz and 315 MHz )

How would I add repetition to a broadcast with a small delay to the LAN switch? I have a bunch of blinds and sometimes they don’t respond first time. I can find a delay() type command in the IDE.

Example of my ‘Heath Robinson’ workaround for making Smartthings talk to my Broadlink, (don’t laugh):

I arrive home at my security gates, Smartthings registers my arrival (based on my phone’s GPS), tells my Sonos Play 1 speaker to announce ‘Alexa, turn on gates’, this then sends the command to the Broadlink (via the usual bridge software running on a tablet PC) which sends the RF signal to the receiver for the gates and voila…my gates open. Simple. Er…

4 Likes

Use a timer/smart plug to reboot the android device every day.

I was able to run this python script on my windows machine and it worked well. But have you rewritten this python code into groovy so it can run on Smartthings directly ? Or how else have you run it on Smartthings ? Or how do you use it then ?

I had similar problems. The key to getting them to work is to ensure that the network Id is matching the device name. I use both RM Bridge and RM Tasker.

Sadly the ST hub won’t send the commands directly to the RM family of devices, that’s why you need something else to send it on. I’m about to take the python and bring as much of it into a handler as possible, starting with the basics of manual configuration and a send command, and working up from there.

It will still need a bridge of some type. There’s no getting around that. I’m going to be using a node.js server running on a raspberry pi zero for that bit, someone’s already posted a solution using HA so there’s no need to re-implement that method.

My aim with this approach is that people can use any bridge technology they want, and eventually if the hub ever supports direct communication then all the hard work will already have been done and it’ll just be a case of bypassing the hub and interfacing directly with the device.

I only have one device (RM Pro) so that’s my first goal, but when I get that working I’ll post the links so that perhaps others may want to try it as well. As always, any feedback welcome!

2 Likes

Anyone have issues with missed commands using this RMbridge approach? My blinds are a bit-hit-and-miss and often miss the signal I’m sending.

Using the broad link app to send the same commands is 99% reliable.

Hi guys, does RM Bridge supports (or any possibility) new generation Broadlink devices such TC1, TC2, MP1 or Contros? Anyone has experience here?

Hello,

can’t this work just with IFTTT?

best

Hello @itsamti. Would you be able to clarify on the RM3 comment.
I got some recent RM Pro but they all are a step backward as in they only support 433Mhz and not even 315Mhz let alone other frequencies.

Would you be able to share a link to the “RM3” product that you stated in the comment. I would be eager to get one.

Also, apart from making the broadlink as a switch or dimmer capability type in ST are there any types available in these DH releases?

Many thanks!

I found this info here

http://www.broadlink.com.cn/en/downloads/ppt-corp-intro.pdf

Since i couldnt find answer, I bought RM3 from here ; but it doesnt support rolling codes. It does support 433 and 315 mhz though.

I wrote few other DH, like one for Alarm capability (which turns on any RF door bell/alarm) also one for volume control using simulated dimmer.

1 Like

Thanks @itsamti for the info and links!
Would you be able to share the link for the alarm capability (I found the dimmer one that you made) ?

Here it is

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/itsamti/MySmartthingsApps/master/RM%20Bridge%20Alarm%20LAN

Thanks Again!!

Sorry to bother you again @itsamti. I have trouble obtaining a RM version which has both 315Mhz/433Mhz and is compatible with RMBridge/Site.

Does your RM3 that you purchased from the above link you sent support both frequencies and also work with RMBridge?

Sorry for delay, I was in Vegas, away from work and totally high :slight_smile:

Regarding ur q, I lost the box so I cant validate for sure. But 433 and 315 is listed in listing and I didnt face any issue with any RF device yet.

1 Like

Thanks @itsamti I got the correct version now and its working great!

1 Like

Ive followed these instructions to the letter. Ive made the device handler, made the device in ST and it was discovered allowing me to switch on and off. It was also discovered by alexa. I added my ip address into the code
I suceasfully generated codes for the RM and when tested using the RM bridge they work fine.
Put it all together and nothing.
I can switch the virtual ST switch on an off and it does nothing at all.
Ive read over these instructions so many times im blind to it all now and keep reading the same thig.
Can anyone suggest what ive missed?

Does the python method work better? Easier to set up?
Thanks alot

Read the logs for more clues.

The virtual switch seems to send something that triggers the onPhysical() from here, not just on() like you get when you use the switch tile.

Also the Logs will tell you if the LAN code is being sent. It should be or similar and you can copy/paste that into a browser and test it the Bridge is responding to the LAN command.

Hi
Thanks for your reply

Sorry! Im lost now, where do i find the logs?

Im only just starting out with ST sorry

Bryn
welshbryn@hotmail.commailto:welshbryn@hotmail.com

This Email was sent from my iPhone.