Broadlink RM2 compatibility (bridges 433 MHz and 315 MHz )

Makes sense - copy of code would be appreciated. Does that mean using multiple device handlers or will it handle switches as well?

It’s really annoying to have to join the crew of not getting this working - Even when following the instructions.

I’ve managed to learn the Codes on RM bridge, but its getting that into Smartthings that seem to be the issue.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Where its failing, need more info to help you. Do you have Hub or using cloud ? What code you are using. Try using below

I believe its stalling when it comes to Smartthings. I have the RM Pro hub local and Smartthings hub local. I’ve got my Android tablet running RM Bridge and have managed to learn the “Monitor Lights On” and “Monitor Lights Off” commands on the RM Bridge web interface. I think its after this that I’m getting stuck (or its not working).

I’ve installed the device handler (both yours and Rebecca’s one), “RM Bridge Switch LAN” to the correct def_URL1 to (def url1=“192.168.0.##:7474”)
Then I’ve added a device to my things list and set the following (This is where I think I’ve gone wrong):

Now I’m not sure if this part is correct or if I’ve labeled it wrong or not?

Thanks for your help to this point though!

Here is what you need to do to control TV volume using simulated dimmer.

1. Learn IR code in RM Bridge. Give code name like “VOLUME up” for volume up and “VOLUME down” for volume down
  2. Add below device handler in IDE
    https://github.com/itsamti/MySmartthingsApps/blob/master/RM%20Bridge%20VOLUME%20LAN
  3. Create switch called VOLUME in IDE device and use “RM Bridge VOLUME LAN” device type. Make sure you will give Device network id as “VOLUME” as given in step 1.
  4. Create Dummy Dimmer. I am using below device handler and then creating dimmer device in IDE
    https://github.com/itsamti/MySmartthingsApps/blob/master/RM%20Virtual%20Dimmer
    Name dummer as “Home Theater” (you can use your own name as you like"
  5. Go to IDE Smart App and save/publish below code
    https://github.com/itsamti/MySmartthingsApps/blob/master/RM%20Volume
  6. Finally Go to Smartthings App -> Marketplace -> SmartApp -> My Apps and find RM Volume
    Use Master Dimmer Switch as "Home Theater"
    Use Slave as VOLUME switch you created in step 3
    Give any name to App
    Press done.
  7. Give access to Echo

All setup is complete now.

Very Imp - Now set dimmer to 0 in smartthings, wait for 1-2 mins. Broadlink RM will send VOLUME down command and make TV volume 0.

Now you can say “Alexa, Set Home theater to 25” etc
 etc. It should work.

This helps.

Remove “On” from Device Network Id. You just need to give “Monitor Lights” in network id, on/off will be handled internally when you press that switch.

Another thing, try using lower case on/off. So your command in RM Bridge should say “Monitor Lights on” and “Monitor Lights off”. This may not be needed as REST API commands are not case sensitive.

For debugging, type http://192.168.0.##:7474/code/Monitor%20Lights%20on on google chrome on same network and see if it turns on light.

I’ve removed the “On” from the Device ID. Still nothing - Used the links you provided and it does turn my lights on and off.

Will try making the RM Bridge command a lower case on and off.

1 Like

Bingo! - I recreated the RM Bridge commands with lowercase on and off, also change the Device stuff in ST to the following:

So I removed the on from “Name” and “Device Network ID” like you suggested. Works a charm!

Yeeey!!! Congratulations! :+1:

This is amazing! Thank you so much! Finally, this is just great!

Do you know if RM Bridge can control the 433mhz stuff that RM Pro can control?

If so, I’ve got loads more I can do :smiley:

I think so. Rm Bridge is nothing but just connection between RM Pro and Smartthings. Actual commands are being sent by RM Pro. RM pro can send 433 and 315 mhz.

I can tell in my case, I had programmed below so far

1. etekcity switches
  2. X10 devices
  3. Have old security system (Secured by Sam), I have programmed it and re-using it as Samrtthings alarm. Had to write alarm device handler
  4. RF wireless doorbell
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M7RMWLX/ref=twister_B01J9ZT336?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
    I had been using them as my doorbell before i got ring doorbell. Now since I have ring, didnt wanted to throw these so I am reusing it with Ring doorbell. If anyone rings my ring doorbell, smartthings rings these. "you can call them poor man’s ring chimes :slight_smile: "
    Also using few other switches that came with RF motion sensor . I got motion sensor learned with RM Pro.
1 Like

Yep, confirmed!

Had to do an extra step where by I had to use the “Frequency Scan” option while hitting the button on the original remote, that then “didn’t” error and allowed me to learn the commands!

Love this!

Frequency Scan is mandatory for RF learning.

Ahh see I didnt know that!

Has anyone tried this?

Curious how this works and the placement of the device. For RF i assume you can conceal it but what about IR.

Hi,

I made a device handler for Broadlink RM Pro which is using one of RM plugin, RM Bridge and Home Assistant.
Because it doesn’t use a smartapp and you can input a device URI in PC, it may be easy to work.
I wish it to help you.

4 Likes

It has 7 transmitters which give decent all round (line of sight) coverage within one room. Central placement should theoretically work best, but with my own usage I have one device that has a really poor range on its remote, that range didn’t improve with the broadlink so that affected placement and it wasn’t centrally located

If there were multiple devices like that at certain places in a large room then I guess that scenario is where it wouldn’t work well.

Hello,

How can i control curtain (two bottom: up / down) by one bottom of tc2 ??

Im having some issues with my setup wich I think are casued because of the Android Device im using.

All of a sudden the Broadlink RM PRO stops receiving commands from ST. I then check if the Android device is still connected to the network and its not, I need to reset it. Does anyone else have this problem?

Im using the DOLAMEE D5 Android TV Box

Tanks!