Broadlink RM2 compatibility (bridges 433 MHz and 315 MHz )

RM3 supports rolling codes and more frequencies then only 315 and 433. Thanks for confirmation that it works with RM Tasker.

I am not sure if it works with RM Tasker. I can see the device, but when I try to pull the remote commands I have already included into the eRemote app, it tells me that I have nothing in the eRemote app.

Will only be able to test it properly next weekend.

In terms of the frequencies, the one I received has only 315 and 433 as RF frequencies written on the back of the device.

I have the remote
Http://www.ebay.it/itm/Nuovo-Telecomando-slim-Micronova-standard-Micronova-Extraflame-Evacalor-ecc-/261748721918
I have cloned the keys with a rm2 broadlink.
But I have a problem the power key, it has to be pressed 4 seconds
And I do not get it, Someone knows how I can memorize a press of 4 seconds on a key
Thank you

I have now setup my RM Pro with smartthings using the github code. It works great. I have also included the new switches from smartthings into my logitech harmony. So my logitech harmony can now control RF Devices :slight_smile:.

When I turn on an activity with projector, the projector screen which is RF based, automatically comes down.

1 Like

[quote=“sorens”]Turns out it’s possible to remove the Android bridge requirement. This python library (https://github.com/mjg59/python-broadlink) allows you to send codes directly to the RM.

I wasn’t able to get it to learn new RF codes, so I used the RM Bridge android app to get the hex RF codes I need. Then the python library sends them just fine to my RM2.

Also, since I now don’t have to use RM Bridge, it’s relatively simple to interact with the RM2 from outside my local network.[/quote]
AWESOME FIND.

is there any guild to integrate for this setup?

I would be interested too if there is a guide to integrate this into ST. I couldn’t really make out what needs to be done based on the github page.

I too am interested in a guide for this. I have a “Broadlink RM2 Pro Rm2 RF+IR” that Ive been wanting to integrate (without an android bridge).

Hi - I’ve gone down the RMPro / RM Bridge / SmartThings / Alexa route but can’t seem to get everything working together. The gap seems to be between SmartThings and RM Bridge and sure I’ve probably missed a step. I’ve successfully added TV to devices on SmartThings and Alexa recognises my simple addition ‘TV’. I’ve successfully added the TV on & off codes to RM Bridge. What I’m not fully able to figure is how SmartThings communicates with RMPro - this is the bit I think is not working and struggling to figure why. If i say ‘TV ON’ Alexa responds ‘Okay’ so that side is ‘working’. One thing I noticed is that TV doesn’t appear in eControl - shouldnt it pick this up having added to RM Bridge? I think once I overcome this hurdle then the logic will fall together and hopefully have a ‘ah-ha’ moment. Thanks!

Tried the smarthings arduino route with RF modules. Tried the Raspberry Pi running Home Assistant. The latter go the furthest but I think I have rolling code RF remotes.

Can’t wait for this to get integrated to Smartthings.

1 Like

E-control is not needed. Did you try RM Bridge manage code page and tested from there and see if TV turns on ?

http://rm-bridge.fun2code.de/rm_manage/manage_codes.html

Hi - I’ve loaded a couple of codes to the RM Bridge site along with the
external IP:7474. This tests okay and operates the TV Power. One for ‘TV
on’ and one for ‘TV off’ - both with the same code of course. I’ve setup
SmartThings with Becky’s Device Handler with external IP:7474 and default
Admin|Bridge credentials. Also created a device called ‘TV’. It tests okay
because the SmartThings app responds on the Android with each on|off from
the Simulator. So I’m happy that the calls are making to the Android box
which is an old Samsung Tab3 running 4.4.2. I’ve enabled the Alexa skill
and is listed as SmartThings device ‘TV’. If I say command 'Alexa
TV ON’
I get the response ‘Okay’ back from Alexa - and the SmartThings app updates on the Android.
I’ve checked my Wifi and have all devices running on 2.4Ghz.

So I’ve reached the conclusion that the RM Bridge on Android isnt
responding to the Smartthings code. I just cannot figure what the problem
is though. The SmartThings simulator doesnt return any errors. I added your
version of RM Bridge Switch LAN device handler, as this has debug messages,
and ‘published for me’. It reads as (I’ve removed the IP):-

DEVICE LABEL - TV
Running REST API Command http://[my external IP]:7474/code/TV%20on
TV on()

I think that just about everything I’ve done - any help would be awesome!

One more thought - the SmartThings devices don’t have Hub or Location - hopefully not essential?

cheers

I noticed an extra RM Bridge Switch LAN on ST Devices - not sure if this is relevant?

Anybody know why it is listing 2 - are they different? Kinda suggests an issue.

cheers

1 Like

AHHHHHH! - using wrong device handler - should have been using Broadlink-RM-SmartThings-Alexa/RM Bridge Switch Cloud

DOH!

I’m now in business - thanks for you help

Great, I was about to say the same thing :slight_smile: . You need to use cloud version for external ip.

Seems there was some work going on - making sure all ‘cloud’ devices

Hi - very embarrassing - I was using the wrong device handler! I was using LAN instead of Cloud version. Everything is working now and having great fun adding TV functionality.

One question - ‘TV on|off’ and ‘TV Guide on|off’ work well. Any suggestions for up|down or PgUp|PgDn? The voice command ‘Turn up on’ doesn’t really track very well. Should I be using a different controller?

Cheers

Hi, newbie here after some help please. Ive followed the guide (using RM Bridge route), but I’m getting this error when I hit create on the device handler setup???

Org.codehaus.groovy.control.MultipleCompilationErrorsException: startup failed: script14909174766202136987338.groovy: 39: expecting ‘}’, found ‘,’ @ line 39, column 20. 38 state “off”, label: ‘${currentValue}’, action: “switch.on”, icon: “st.switches.switch.off”, backgroundColor: “#ffffff” ^ 1 error

Any ideas? thanks

There is no direct way to turn up / down volume.

I did it round about way via dummy dimmer and using its previous and current values to determine if I want volume up or down and how much.

I got volume up and down learned to RM bridge then I wrote simulated dimmer named ‘home theater’ . then I created smart app to use dimmer as volume control. If I say “turn up home theater”, it does the work done. Let me know if u want to use code, I will share.

Hi - its errored on missing closing bracket - try copying & pasting the script again and make sure you have all of it.