Broadlink RM pro or Harmony

1. If all you want is to turn the TV on and off, I would get a SwitchBot remote. In fact, I just did. :sunglasses: very easy set up, already has a smartthings integration, works very well, and costs under $50. See the following thread:

Switchbot - Simple “power on” for some TVs (IR blaster)

1. If you want full voice control of the television, like being able to change the channels, and you also want to control other devices like curtains or electric candles, I would definitely get a Harmony. But the set up can be very tedious because you have to create individual activities for the actions that you want, it’s not a button press paradigm. Price varies wildly over the course of the year, so you may want to wait for a sale if it costs more than $110.

2. If you want full voice control of the television for fire tv options, including the ability to turn the TV on and off, I would get the new fire TV cube. (This model can turn the TV on and off because it includes an IR blaster. The other fire TV sticks, etc., cannot.)

This one is a button press paradigm, you’re just replacing voice controls for the buttons on the remote. (In fact, I have this, too, but for a different television. :smile:) Lists for $119, but is often on sale for about 90. Doesn’t work with the wide variety of non-home theater devices that Logitech Harmony does, but if you use Amazon prime and you just want home theater control, this one’s good and much easier to set up then harmony.

1. At this point (late 2019) I would not get a broadlink pro unless I needed to control 433 MHz devices, like maybe a projector screen. It’s way more work to set up than the previous 3, and you get less functionality out of it. Plus you need an additional Android device in most cases, so it ends up costing more than the SwitchBot.