Brilliant Control - Claims It Will Work with SmartThings (But limited Integration)

AWESOME. One of the biggest show stoppers down!

2 Likes

Yes! It is great to be able to tie them directly into SmartThings. I had previously been using some Alexa integration to control the Brilliant and SmartThings devices together and that worked ok.

3 Likes

It should be noted that if you have any of your brilliant loads connected to a ceiling fan it will not discover into SmartThings.

Thatā€™s odd? As far as I am aware, Brilliant doesnā€™t have any way of controlling fan speed so it just treats it as an on/off switch like a non-dimmable light unless I am mistaken?

Hi, this is Eric at Brilliant - itā€™s great to see the healthy discussion here!

We did indeed enhance Brilliantā€™s Works With SmartThings feature set so users can now control a Brilliant-connected light using the SmartThings app.

We appreciate all the feedback leading up to this release and we expect to add more value to the SmartThingsā€™ partnership and integration over time.

Feel free to reach out with additional feedback & questions.

4 Likes

Ā© 2019 SmartThings, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

SmartThings; SmartAppsĀ®; Physical Graph; Hello, Home; and Hello, Smart Home are all trademarks of the SmartThings, Inc.