Boycott Samsung Connect App

(Jason "The Enabler" as deemed so by @Smart) #63

Is privacy given truly privacy? Or is it nothing more than the illusion of security being provided by those that wish to control us?

Privacy is what you make it, not what is given to you.
Security is what you fight for.

Both must be deserved.

(Bill) #64

I’ve been reading this thread with amusement. Anyone that is thinking that there is such a thing as privacy today is sadly mistaken. With the breach at Equifax if you have had a drivers license or anything else that you needed to sign is “public” and is now out there somewhere. Just by living on the grid, you have been forced or seduced into giving various pieces of privacy away to “get” the modern day necessities/requirements of life. We won’t even get into what people willingly/gladly put up on FB. As proof of my assumptions just Google your name and see what you can find out about yourself. FWIW, you might want to pick another word for your mother’s maiden name at the bank, because her maiden name is at Ancestry.com along with yours.

FWIW, I recently got a hub V3 which won’t work unless you have Snowflake and that requires Android 5.0, my Note 3 has 5.0, but because it wasn’t sold with that version, it says that it’s not compatible. Somewhere I found a link that did not check and I have it up and running. Maybe another way to get you to update your phone.

Just a little food for thought. Don’t flame the messenger :o)

(Tyler Durden) #65

If it’s any consolation. The latest theory is that the Equifax data is in the hands of a nation state intelligence agency… as opposed to the criminal underground.