[OBSOLETE] Bosch Motion Detector

Yeah, that may fix it. Unfortunately the instantaneous makes it difficult if you want something to turn off with inactivity.

So this can only detect motion once every 3 minutes? That don’t work for me. Dang. Can we change the checkinteval value? Sounds like the interval it checks for motion.

Sorry to hijack this thread - I have a quick question on temperatures reported by the sensor. I am noticing drastically higher temperatures from 2 sensors (~96F instead of ~83F). Other ST/AeonLabs sensors around the area report close to ~83. Anyone else noticing something similar?

No issues with temperature reporting. I have three in use.

1 Like

@thomashong Thanks for the info, appreciate it.
Looks like mine are defective then …

I AM HAVING TROUBLE INSTALLING THESE ON A V1 HUB. MYDIGITALDISCOUNT.COM HAD A GREAT SALE ON THESE LAST WEEK ($15 EA. ) Bosch ISW-ZPr1-wp13

I GOT 2 OF THEM, YET NEITHER WILL PAIR USING THE DEVICE HANDLER (HTTP://TINYURL.COM/JOGZZD3) WHICH IS REFERENCED IN THE DIRECTIONS.

AFTER SUCCESSFULLY CREATING THE DEVICE HANDLER, PUTTING THE SENSOR IN PAIR MODE, I GET NO DISCOVERY

ANY IDEAS? IS THERE ANOTHER DEVICE HANDLER CODE I CAN TRY?

APPRECIATE ANY INSIGHTS.

Try this dth

Working on my hubv2, worth a try

THX SMARTPHI, I tried it an no luck. I have a v1 hub. The device handler is created…but it does not create a device in the IDE. Is there a way to leverage the “New Device” button in the IDE and leverage the device handler?

You may have already mentioned this but before you created the device handler did you sign into your hub under the My Locations Tab?

Not sure why is not being discovered…

Just a shot see if you are missing a step from the way i added bosch sensor:
once my bosch device handler is ‘published for me’ successfully (one time step per device handler).
I insert the batteries and see if the bosch sensor blinks red for a sec or two.
In iphone i load Smartthings app and tap the 'Add A Thing’
I then tap the tamper button two-three times and hold it on the last tap a sec or two and then i wait until St finds it. I repeat process beginning with battery step if ST does not find device after a minute.

Alternatively if that doesn’t work, while ST app is loaded i hold power button as to perform iphone reboot but instead i hold the home button on iPhone and that resets ST app. I then repeat discovery process from battery steps.

AWESUME…It worked! THX Smartphi. The trickwas the 2-3 taps. I also got the sensor real close to the Hub. It took a couple of tries till it paired. It reads motion and temp. I am set. THX

1 Like

I added device handler, it worked great…but after about 10 minutes it stops working. To get it to work again I need to hit the tamper button or take out the batteries.

Anyone know a workaround? Is mine defective?

Maybe try a different DTH.

Which DTH are you currently using?

Both DTHs are not working well for me unfortunately.
The one from SteveC initially works fantastic, but stops reacting after 10-15mins. PROs: Red LED blinks everytime there is movement, and the 3min timeout has been overriden, so everytime there is movement, smartthings will let you know.

Tomas´ DTH is more stable, but is missing both the features I just mentioned. It also behaves weirdly on my app. If I have the device open in my ST App and walk into the room, it will not show movement, neiher on the device page, nor on the “recently” tab. It does, however, seem to detect the movement, as it will eventually show up 8-10 mins later (in the “recently” tab).

If SteveC would find a way to make his DTH stable it would be great!

I too had trouble with Steve’s and Tomas’ drivers, so I created a munged version that detects motion OK, does retrieve the temp values although it could be better, but the battery level is still a work-in-progress. There are a few things I do not know.

1. How to declare the refresh period for reading the temp levels. I have 2 of these devices installed. One refreshes every 2 min, which is too often, and the other refreshes every 5 min, which is OK.
  2. How to declare the refresh period for readying the battery level. One device refreshes once every 6 hrs or so. Don’t know about the other since I have not seen it refresh. This currently is the biggest problem area for me.
  3. How to decode this string. This comes up once an hr or so.
    description: catchall: 0104 0020 05 01 0540 00 069D 01 00 0000 00 01

Any help would be appreciated.

You can adjust the setting to calibrate the bosch.

Hi guys,

I have the Bosch ISW-ZPR1-WP13. Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity or the check interval time (rather than 3 minutes)? I have the Tomas Axerot device manager.

does anyone know if you can disable the red light on this? I’ve just covered mine up, but looks kinda messy.

ANyone know if it’s possible to adjust sensititivity on this thing? It’s goal was to alert us if someone was at the door, but its motion detection is picking up people driving on the road like 75 feet away.

Many Thanks!

Not sure if there’s a software sensor adjustments.

You can try covering up the main sensor area with white duct tape and only use the secondary sensor that points down. (You will need to pull paper from inside to enable secondary sensor)

Or you can reposition sensor so that it doesn’t face traffic as much but covers your door.