BloomSky & Weather Underground

Is it down again for today? I just noticed that mine was not updating from Nov 27. I tried adding the device again using the latest key. No luck

No issues on WU or ST here today or at all lately.

My BloomSky /ST integration has also been down since Nov
 Tried installing the app again, with no luck

WU and BS App are working correctly

No issues here with ST. Have you updated the device handler and smart app for ST? The API changed in Nov and the they were updated. They were also updated to support the Storm about a month ago.

tried doing an update in GitHub and got nothing from the above location

Will delete the smartapp and DH and manually install it again to see if that will fix the issue

thanks

My BloomSkys’ (I have two Sky1s and a Sky2) images stopped showing up on my Weather Underground account a few days ago. Has anyone else noticed this too?

Yup WU has stopped supporting BS cams. :frowning: If you follow the FB BloomSky page, lots of info there.

1 Like

Care to summarize? 
 don’t do FB, LOL 

Looks like the Weather channel bought them and is making changes.

1 Like

Thanx, Bernie 
 hope the changes are for the better. My BS stuff has been working fine so far.

I just got an email that pointed to

http://help.wunderground.com/knowledgebase/articles/1821811?sp_rid=MTkyNTIxNjAwNDgzS0&sp_mid=12367650

Are there any alternatives for the BloomSky camera feed outside their app? I just want a URL to the latest image actually. Their app or website are fun for viewing the occasional timelapse. I like having the latest image in my ActionTiles more though.

2 Likes

1 Like

Exactly. Same here.

There must be a way of getting those images
we were sending them to Weather Underground.
Now we just gotta get somebody to figure it out to let us have access to them so we can do what we want with them.

They’re still showing in the SmartThings app.
Can we get them from there somehow?

1 Like

I believe you can capture Bloomsky images through Ifttt. My cell phone wallpaper is updated with each Bloomsky photo capture with an Ifttt applet.

1 Like

@ErnieG

That’s awesome!

Can you share your wallpaper setup?

I am on an iPhone, your solution would not be android specific would it?

My setup is with android. I don’t have an Iphone and don’t know how Ifttt integrates with Iphones.

I have a setup I used for action tiles but involves a few moving parts so sometimes things go wonky :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sweet!
I am certain I can do that.
I will give it (or something like it) a try.
Thanks. :slight_smile:

I sent an email to support@bloomsky.com , hopefully if enough people request a static URL, maybe they will do it. Doesn’t seem like it should be difficult for them. Send them an email :slight_smile:

1 Like

I got an email from WeatherUnderground yesterday. Lots of people complained, they are keeping the webcams after all.

Update Dec. 7, 2017:
We heard from many, many of you about how much you like and rely on our webcam product. So we will not discontinue the product as we stated in November. We will continue to allow users to add webcams to the Weather Underground network and everyone can view images from connected webcams.
Thank you for your passionate support and apologies for any inconvenience we caused.

4 Likes