Bloomsky Weather Station

1.7 inches made it in. :stuck_out_tongue: It was a quick storm. Was like all hell broke loose, thunder, lightning, cats, dogs it was all coming at us. LOL

What, no fish? … never mind, I think those are from water spouts LOL.

My Storm is still staked out in my backyard … with a 28+ mph gust, it’ll end up in my neighbor’s yard :smile:. I don’t think we got anywhere near 2 inches of rain for the whole year :disappointed:

LOL I’ll check my pond for additional or missing fish. :stuck_out_tongue: Storm is on the roof at about the perfect height and not to bad of obstructions near. I was surprised at the rain amount. Guess the grass will not need to be watered today. :slight_smile:

Sustained winds where 13-15 for a while and peak rain was over 1" per hour, depending on where I look.

The BS dashboard is showing 2.5" total rain. :open_mouth: Never can get numbers to match across BS, ST and WU, so frustrating

I understand. I’ve just about given up on WU … my station keeps appearing/disappearing on that site. I’ve usually get good correlation between BS and ST, but I think the BS DTH for ST still has problems because my pressure reading is always 950-something mbar … which, I think, is somewhere in the range of inside a tornado, LOL.

1 Like

I was thinking about jumping on the PWS boat. It would appear I need to stay away from Bloomsky based on what I’ve read here :sunglasses:.

Yep, the Barometric Pressure reported by the BS API never matched what is reported by the BS App :frowning:

1 Like

The BS app also reports dew point temp. Seems like they’re getting their data from somewhere else :confused: Even their BS dashboard reports data different than what I’ve seen from the BS API.

@Nezmo, I still like the BS system. It’s a lot more accurate (temps, humidity, and wind speeds) than getting that data from Accuweather — which gets its data from a weather station at an airport that’s 5 miles away from my house. Plus, I can’t complain about the price I paid for two BS (~$36 total for shipping) :smile:

2 Likes

If you want a pretty decent weather cam with a bunch of hobbiest level at best instruments included, than get a BS. If you actually want to have more accurate weather conditions than you get by looking out the window go with AcuRite or spend the money on a semi-pro station.

On a good day you can get the AcuRite 5 or 7 in one with web interface for <= to price of BS & Storm.

3 Likes

Thanks for the info!

1 Like

@slagle I hate to ask because I always feel like I should be able to figure this out, but after installing and publishing both the DTH and the connect Smartapp, and inputting my API via copy/paste, no BloomSky device shows up in my list. From what I see, this latest version doesn’t require creating a device. I want to make sure that’s true. I have to be missing something simple.
Thanks!

And now down below $40.

3 Likes

Anyone having trouble accessing bloom sky? Their site isn’t even taking my credentials. It’s like my account was wiped.

Wondering if it’s just me.

I’m not getting any data from the BS API …

Psh!!! this is BS!!!

:smirk:

Yup it’s down. Looks like a complete outage. They posted on FB about the issue.

2 Likes

Quote “Just checking in, It may be an issue with the Amazon servers. I should know more in about an hour -Nick”

1 Like

I got nothing, but one of my followers told me that they got a notification from BS the system was down. I found it amusing that with 3 stations I got no notification, but somebody with no station got a notice.

Canary cloud was down for a couple hours earlier today too. I just noticed cams all blinking offline.

1 Like

Yeah. Lost mine.
B

702-219-9021

Looks like the BS API is spewing data again … and I’m able to log in to the BloomSky dashboard.

WU just emailed that my station is BSing again :slight_smile:

2 Likes