Bloomsky Weather Station

I will check it out tonight when it dips to about 100 :smiley:

1 Like

Sheesh … just checked my BS temp and it’s already at 98F at 9:11 am :frowning:

My Bloomsky Storm & Sky survived an approximate 90mph sustained wind for about 30 seconds. Lost trees & a big part of my fence. A big tree branch knocked the storm over on my fence so it didn’t record the wind gusts, but it still works. Wish the video on the sky would take picts at about every minute or so. Not real impressive but, Dave73 at zip 68135 on Friday, 6/16/17 for the video.

1 Like

Gonna check it out when I get home … at the very least to remind myself what a real tree looks like.

We have fake trees here (Joshua “trees”), along with some critters that got irradiated during the 1950’s atomic tests — Joshua “trees” are in the background:

:stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

No wonder — you’re in tornado country :slight_smile:

Would’ve been interesting to see what the Sky recorded for gust, LOL

It looks like mine is still reporting. I was going to go out last night but it was still 104 and that was 845PM I think :smiley:

1 Like

Here is my gust from Mondays storm that went through in NJ. We lost power and think it may be a rouge reading. LOL

4 Likes

A wee bit rough … so, was it rounded up to xxxxx.2?, LOL

1 Like

No way. Dead on accurate down to .2 LOL It was farking windy out there.

2 Likes

I’ve just published Version 2.1.9 with the following updates;

• Using STORM data for “UV Index” (when STORM is enabled and reporting Data)
  • New STORM data for “Last 24 hours rain” (attribute = rain24h)
  • Some minor UI updates

Note: STORM data from the API still does not report Battery.

2 Likes

Seems to be working. I updated DTH from repo, opened BS in ST app, hamburger , done , done ,done. Reopened and UV is now 3 and yellow instead of either 1 or 9999 and green

1 Like

Got a notification from my sliding door piston that it’s probably a good idea to close the door :smile:

2 Likes

Hi guys
My Bloomsky2 with Storm works fine (I think) and shows proper values in the Bloomsky dashboard. But in ST I only get 9999 Lux. The other measurements I think work fine, eventhough I have to check the UV index again once there is daylight again.

I deleted the device in ST, updated from the Repo and reinstalled the device with the BloomSky (Connect) App.

Screenshot_20170801-214049[1]

Does maybe anybody have an idea on how I can fix the lux reading?

LUX is only on the Sky 1. Was removed from the Sky 2.

Tank you @celblazer. That 9999 lux reading makes total sense then. :unamused:. Too bad, that lux reading would have been helpful to do some automation with outdoor luminosity… Any idea if that will be available with the Sky2 or the Storm in the future?

Nope, they removed the sensor. Something about the camera in the Sky 1 used it but the upgraded camera in the Sky2 did not need it.

The Sky1 is now down to $90 on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/BloomSky-Outdoor-Weather-Station-Kit/dp/B00XZJJ2SE/

4 Likes

I got one for $70, just installed it.

3 Likes

Last nights storm was a doozy.
2017-08-22 11:35:01.479 PM EDT
12 hours ago
windGust 28.3
Bloomsky House wind gust is 28.3 mph

1 Like

So, all the rain got blown out of (or didn’t make it to) the rain cup? LOL