Bloomsky Weather Station

debug Error - callAPI(): org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.metaclass.MethodSelectionException: Could not find which method leftShift() to invoke from this list:
public java.util.Map java.util.Map#leftShift(java.util.Map)
public java.util.Map java.util.Map#leftShift(java.util.Map$Entry)

Well, here we go again … :unamused: … hope this is short-lived.

Same here but my data is updating fine.

And now the error is gone for me. Wierd. And it’s back. LOL

1 Like

I haven’t kept up on this post but I know some are talking API so I thought I’d throw out an update. I was working on a magic mirror and notice the rain rate and totals were off. After reviewing the API docs, doing some calculating, and submitting a ticket with Bloomsky I found that despite the claim their API returns imperial units by default, the rain info is in metric. I have requested they either update their API docs or fix the API. They’ve said they’ll fix the API, but they didn’t say when.

If you’re making something that integrates with the BS API, be prepared for your rain values to be wrong (if you desire imperial units).

2 Likes

[quote=“carmp3fan, post:1798, topic:38202”]
BS API
[/quote]LOL.

10 chars

2 Likes

Yeah, I get a chuckle every time I see that :smile:

Lesson learned: don’t name your company BxxxSxxx … LOL

2 Likes

Touche. How I missed that I don’t know.

1 Like

I’ve noticed recently that my ST is showing the temperature reading as very high on the “Right Now” tab. It’s 93.5F outside right now but it shows 201 and when I look at the “Recently” tab I see “Temperature is 93.5C”. I also see the temp on the IDE as 93.5C on the device page. Everything looks fine in the Bloomsky app though.

That’s odd. Mine is reading correct on both of my stations.

1 Like

I went ahead and removed the smartapp and re-installed but still have the same issue. Everything shows up correctly in the BloomSky app.

http://imgur.com/yRPXCa7

http://imgur.com/xJkxVjV

Could you please check your Location settings (using the IDE or the ST App) and confirm your “Temperature Scale” configuration.

Thanks for the reply. Just checked the ST IDE and it shows my Temperature scale as F.

Hey guys, finally installed my Sky 2 and Storm. I added the STT app and everything seems to be working correctly, except UV and Lux. They both show 9999. The readings are fine in the bloomsky native app. Any ideas?

If you are getting accurate UV reading in BS app than you must have a bug in yours since it has NEVER worked since day 1. Well unless your UV level is always 1.

1 Like

No bug, it’s been working fine for me the past few days. It goes up and down as the sun gets brighter. It is currently at 5/11. However, smartthings has 9999.

Here is a picture of both apps. Bloomsky native app shows the correct UV, STT shows 9999.

Can you try to pool data manually from the BS API using the above commands?
This is the same location/data that the Device Handler is using to pull your Sky/Storm data, and you’ll see what BS is returning for your station.

The Device Handler needs to be updated to get the “UVIndex” from the “Storm” object.

"Storm": {
    "UVIndex": "1",
    "WindDirection": "NW",
    "RainDaily": 0.0,
    "WindGust": 4.0,
    "SustainedWindSpeed": 2.01,
    "RainRate": 0.0
}

Bingo. I ran the commands in power shell and it is returning Luminance=99999 and UVIndex=99999. So BloomSky is definitely sending out the wrong information. Don’t understand why, as it shows up fine in the native app. Is this something they are aware of?

See @kestrel73 post. BS updated their app to use reading from Storm, so you are probably still getting ST readings off Storm which is NO LONGER published in BS API.Total BS move by BS for people that didn/t invest ( throw away $$$ ) on a Storm

@kestrel73 how do I update the device handler? I have the latest repo installed. Is there something I need to change manually? Thanks!

1 Like