Bloomsky Weather Station

What about battery reporting from the API to smartthings?

Smartthings is showing battery at 0%.

But bloomsky dashboard is showing 76%,

The funny thing is that the solar panel is buried under snow, so the graph is showing steady decline over the last few days.

Compare this to the graph for the storm which has a smaller battery and solar panel.

Do you know how to add the bloomsky github repositories to the IDE? It says the info I’m entering cannot be found. I have @tslagle13 device handler and smartapp manually installed for now.

To add it in the IDE,

• go to ‘My SmartApps’
  • click ‘Settings’ over to the right, near ‘New SmartApp’
  • click ‘add new repository’ in lower left
  • use the following details…

Owner: tslagle13
Name: SmartThingsPersonal
Branch: master

1 Like

Thanks. Was using the wrong name.

1 Like

Should I be able to see correct UV and Lux readings with a SKY2/Storm combo on the device tile? I’m using the latest DTH and connect app. I do see wind and precipitation rates from the Storm in the device tile but the Lux and UV values are stuck at 9999/11+.

My Sky1/combo works for both. But I have seen people with your issue and Sky2/combo

FYI, The wind reported Unit is m/s. I confirmed that it matches the BloomSky website. Even though I have selected mph in the ST device it is displaying the m/s. Can someone fix this?
Thank You,
Mike Graber

Hey just replied on FB but mine looks to be displaying MPH just fine(I just compared the app and ST and both 1.1MPH). Do you have the latest DH?

1 Like

1 Like

Hi Bernie, Just saw that on FB. Looks like my DH is at 2.1.6 and BloomSky (Connect) v1.0. Is there a newer version? I just added it all yesterday, but might have gotten something wrong.
In looking thru the DH code, it looks like it is expecting the wind data in mph (is this correct?), as I see a conversion from mph to Kph. So maybe it is that my data is being sent from BSky as m/s. Just thinking out loud.
Thanks,
Mike

Yup they are the latest. Not sure what’s up.

1 Like

Hi Bernie, Thanks for you help. I just went ahead and modified my device handler to adjust for my data:

windSpeed = (windSpeed * 2.2).round(1).trunc(1)

windGust = (windGust * 2.2).round(1).trunc(1)

This has corrected my issue for now.
I noticed that my Rain Rate and Daily rain did not update today, so it is still 0 for both.
Any ideas on that?
Thanks,
Mike

1 Like

Again I’m no use. LOL mine shows .08 in the BS app and .1 in ST for the day. We only had a little rain today. So it’s working here. 24 hours reset at midnight I think for BS so it’s not a true 24hr if I remember right.

1 Like

Any chance someone can modify the DTH code so that if a Storm is available, the UV and LUX values can be retrieved from that device instead? Thx.

That’s an API issue. BS needs to get it corrected.

3 Likes

I’ve just checked the Data that the Bloomsky API is sending today and found that for the STORM is now reporting UV but still no Battery report.
The STORM does no have LUX capability. From the BS site:

High precision 4 in 1 wireless weather device measures real-time UV, Rainfall, Wind Speed & Direction.

I will work on updating the UV reporting if STORM data is present.
Thanks for the reminder :thumbsup:

Hi Bernie, I’ve tried to compare the numbers reported by the BS App and the API, refreshing both every 10 seconds and I could never get a match, neither in mph or kph. It does not matter, the values never match. I’ve tried to add both, and other formulas too.
If you look at your screenshots the only value that is Matching is the Wind Gusts, but not current Wind Speed and the Wind Direction does not match (NW against S).
This is still mystery to me.:scream:

I thought they just moved the UV/Lux sensors from the SKY1 to the Storm, didn’t realize they removed the LUX sensor entirely. Great, so SKY2/Storm customers lose the ability to measure illuminance :frowning:

There were claims on BS user FB page it is reporting in meters per sec.

I make no claims as to the accuracy of this information.

Anyone having delayed bloomsky picture updates to weather undground?