Bloomsky Weather Station

This is in BS app, not ST. Sky1 showing 75%, which is about normal early in the day. Storm is showing fully charged.

1 Like

Ah, OK … missed that LOL

I taught a 9th grade weather & astronomy class for 34 years. My pretest would show that about 80% of my students thought the seasons changed because we were closer to the sun in the summer & farther away in the winter. :rolling_eyes:

1 Like

The DH is only reading and showing the Data that the Bloomsky API is providing.
I’ve just verified and my BS app is showing pressure at 30.2inHg (1021.8mbar) and the API is returning 30.03inHg (1017,bar).
In your case the pressure is way off, but looking at the data coming from the API for several days and trying to compare it to the BS App I’ve noticed some weird behaviors (sometimes) and the only data that matches on both is Temperature, Humidity and UV.

1 Like

Strange indeed … I’ll monitor the pressure reading and see if anything changes … thanx

I’ve sent the following PM to Tim on Saturday with the code that I was working on (sort of a change log for you guys):

Hi Tim,
I’ve finished playing with some updates to your Bloomsky code (DH and SA) to include the STORM data on Friday and I would like to share this with you.

Notes / Premisses:

• The Sky1/Sky2 reports data every 5 minutes but the STORM reports every 30 seconds. I was able to see the updates on the Bloomsky App (Android) every 30 seconds but I think the API is updating only every 60 seconds.
  • I still could not identify if the Wind Speeds (Sustained and Gust( is being reported in Mph or Kph so I’m assuming is Mph is my Code. The number shown in the Bloomsky App and the API never match and I’ve tried every single combination/options, even trying to Add the Sustained speed with WindGust.
  • I’m considering that there are users that won’t have the STORM but I’m not sure if the API will report the Data (STORM) field;

SmartApp updates:

• Option to select the Refresh rate (1 to 60 minutes)

Device Handler updates:

• Reading and creating events for the STORM data. Also publishing the attributes (non standard Capabilities) to be used by other applications like CoRE;
  • Options to Enable/Dissable: STORM data, Pressure unit, WindSpeed unit, Rain unit;
  • Updated Battery calculation based on the Bloomsky Web status report (Voltage reports between 2500 and 2620). It’s matching the Bloomsky App (on Android) for me;
  • Added “multiAttributeTile” for temperature report on the “main” session only (not used in the “details”) so it would show and let user select an Icon;
  • Added Tiles for “deviceMode” (Day or Night) and deviceType ("Sky1 or Sky2)
  • Updated the SendEvent for all attributes that had Unit;
  • Since the UI was already crowded, the user can select Unit options for the STORM data and there could be users that don’t have a STORM, I’ve also created an attribute “msgStorm” to concatenate the STORM data and currently showing this information on a 6 x 2 Tile;
  • I’ve also updated the “backgroundColors” for the “temperature” Tile to be able to show colors for “F” or “C”. because the scale is different, but I’m currently having issues calling “getTemperatureScale()” when I try to save the code in the IDE;
    My next step will be to try to render the Data that has Unit options in HTML, but I’ll start this on Monday if I have time.

Please feel free to use whatever part of this code you find useful.

DH Updates released after the above e-mail:
v2.1.3 - When the STORM is not reporting data (out of Battery or disconnected) the API return all values with 9999 (this has been fixed). Also minimum Battery voltage was corrected.
v2.1.4 - Fixed issue with Temperature Unit fixed to “C”. Now the default is in “F” and there is an option to update to “C” on the Device Options/Preferences.

Thanks,

2 Likes

You are showing the modification dates as 2016. I was a bit confused at first.

• Version History:
  • 2.1.4 - 01/30/2016 - Temperature Bug Fixes
  • 2.1.3 - 01/30/2016 - Minor Bug Fixes for STORM data
  • 2.1.2 - 01/27/2016 - Added Unit options
  • 2.1.1 - 01/25/2016 - Added STORM capabilities (testing)
  • 2.1.0 - 01/15/2016 - UI updated (by RudiP)
1 Like

Thanks for bringing that up. I was not paying attention. Yep, all dates for version > 2.1 are 2017. Will fix that.

2 Likes

Disregard, it looks like they are playing with the backend.

Anyone else’s smart weather tile not displaying the correct information anymore?

Anyone happen to have an extra sky mount so I can mount my storm to the fence?

@RudiP, is it possible to get the camera view as the mail tile? I have a room called “Deck” and I want the Bloomsky to be the primary device in this room. So when I open the room, I see the last pic from the Bloomsky camera. Right now it is showing the Temperature as the main tile in this room.

I just used a boring bit and drilled a ( I think ) 7/8" hole ( Might have been 1" ) about 6" deep into the top of 4x4 fence post and then ( carefully) drove the ground spike into it.

1 Like

Sorry, but it is not possible. To show the “Pictures” the device handler needs to use a “carouselTile” type for the Tile and if you setup this Tile as the “main” tile it will not show the device correctly on the device list (Things or Rooms) on the ST App and won’t even allow you to open the device :anguished:

Thanks Rudi. I tried to modify the main tile to see if it could be done but I ran into the problem that you described. So I thought I would check to see if it was possible.

Hi Bernie. The API is returning the individual values and they are being saved on the Device States (image below) and this allow the individual values to be used in rules (like CoRE).

And I’ve just updated the DH (v2.1.6) to show both Wind Speed and Gust now. Note that there are 2 lines of tiles now, one for Wind and other for Rain.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Nice , couldn’t get app to update until I rebooted phone/ tablet but love where you are taking this. Only thing I see missing is battery for ( I assume) Storm.

1 Like

For the people who work on this bloomsky code, thanks!

Question: the wind shown in the bloomsky app matches which values in the SmartThings app?

The bloomsky app shows a wind speed that is 1 mph higher than the SmartThings wind gust number.

Yea my winds don’t match either.

Also not sure the DH is pulling every 30 seconds like the BS app, my wind data hasn’t updated in over 10 minutes.

And last but not least getting a lot of these in the logs: 7f8c9e3c-ebea-4df1-a4c1-3e510915fde0 9:50:46 AM: debug Error - callAPI(): groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: TOO MANY REQUESTS

Hopefully it’s just BS tinkering on their end. Dashboard is supposed to get Storm data by Tuesday they said.

So it started refreshing at 5 minute intervals.

But UV is 1 on ST and 2 in the BS app. Is it possible the DH is using the Storm UV reading which doesn’t work when the Sky is used with it? If so can it be changed to use the SKy otherwise it will always be on on a SKY/Storm combo. @RudiP

Actually Sky [quote=“celblazer, post:1714, topic:38202, full:true”]
Is it possible the DH is using the Storm UV reading which doesn’t work when the Sky is used with it?
[/quote]

BS decided to pull UV off Storm regardless of whether or not you have one. Took Sky1 UV out of their equation. Not saying that it is not still hiding in the API , or Sky data will be returned to app at some point, but it has been disabled since update a couple months ago.

1 Like