Bloomsky Weather Station

That is the major reason I put aside my thought of just putting the included ground stake into the mast on top of TV Antenna. Yes the view from 50’+ in the air would be great, but WiFi tends to cut in/out up there and I don’t need the radio in this messing with my TV reception.

1 Like

Received my shipping confirmation yesterday. Can’t wait to hook it up. Yongfeng, I saw where BLoomSky discontinued the indoor station. Are there any units still available and does it have any other functionality with the outdoor station other than relaying outside temp?

2 Likes

I would love the indoor unit as well

I went to http://shop.bloomsky.com/products-list/indoor-station

It let me check out with one. I would have loved to get this for less, but it is worth it to me (at least for home). It was 79 + shipping.

1 Like

I’m surprised it let you check out being it says discontinued. Let me know if it actually ships. I might like one too. Unless @Yongfeng_Zhang has some hookups with discounts.

1 Like

I got a confirmation email right away, but sure I’ll let you guys know when it ships.

Wow, I did not know about this. So now my “free” with shipping outdoor bloom sky might get more expensive if i now also purchase the companion indoor bloom sky.

Let us know how it looks!

:slightly_smiling:

Will do.

20 characters

I know you want to see an actual production model after it arrives, but for now, it looks like this…

Schapper- any idea what it’s capabilities are beyond inside/outside temp and humidity?

From what I read of the description, it is pretty much just a constant on indoor remote display that connects through the cloud to the outdoor weather station with it’s on temp/humidity sensors . For my purposes it is ( more than) a little overpriced . Just leave the app open on an old/ extra phone/tablet .

1 Like

I agree, but it’s perfect for my non technical significant other.

As far as I know those are all of its capabilities .

Or get a weather tile in SmartTiles.

1 Like

Need the old tablet/phone to run smarttiles :wink:

This has integrated power supply, and looks better.

1 Like

My Sony Dash was perfect for this, then Sony did what it does best, shut down a wonderful product that you could build actually useful apps for.

1 Like

Hey we might have finally found a use for those Quirky/GE Nimbus LOL

Sony dash. There’s a cool product that could have had potential. Does Sony even still host its old apps or did it shut down the whole server?

A few things still work on it, they killed off developer access a few years back. Couldn’t pry it from my wife’s dying grip she loves it so much. Mine’s been replaced with an old tablet, but it just isn’t as…nice. Still works as a great alarm clock.