Bloomsky Weather Station

This is really cool. I wish I could do this on my iOS devices also!

1 Like

me too I dont have an android but would love to update wallpaper like this

[quote=“greg, post:1057, topic:38202”]
I’m digging the IFTTT rule to auto-update my Android background with my current Bloomsky photo. :sunglasses:

[/quote]I had this turned on for a few days, but it burned a lot of mobile data so I turned it off. I don’t see a way to restrict it to Wi-Fi - anyone know a way?

hmm thanks for the pointer, I’ll keep an eye on it. I did also notice that there is an option in the BS recipes to only do a photo once a day. Perhaps try that?

I set up one with S4 and the other with S5. Only real issue was that for whatever unknown reason neither BS unit liked SSID for either of my guest networks. Once I switched wifi to main 2.4 network they both set up first try.

1 Like

Can anyone confirm that there are people who have ST and BloomSky working in a way that DOES update when the BloomSky has changes?

I’m running the latest code, and if anything, the problem has gotten worse. I’m seeing 10-12 hour long lack of updates, and not just overnight.

I would really love to not have to add the extra layer of complication that is Pollster or similar band-aids for the problem.

1 Like

I have rule machine polling it every 5 minutes. That keeps me updated with the latest code

I looked at that when (I think you) mentioned it before, but from the very limited instructions, I was completely unable to figure out how to make that happen. My version of RM may be old, and I don’t use it for anything else, so I haven’t updated it.

And it is one of those layers of complexity I’m trying to avoid. I realize this is a community device type, and I shouldn’t look a gift horse in the mouth, but isn’t the idea that it should work?

Same issue here since I updated to the new code. In general, I need to manually refresh.

maybe try pollster?..

Running just standard DTH/app, ST updates with every change for me.Complete with the latest picture. It may go 30-60 minutes without an update if no temp/humidity change, but that’s expected.

Do you have logging enabled ?

The Initial State app is AWESOME! Thanks for the lead on this Jeff. User friendly and it works well for my energy meter. :grinning:

You know, to get the device to show up in ST at first, I had to turn on logging. Not sure I left it on though. But now I don’t see an option to do that in either the Thing or the Service Manager. It’s as if an update removed that option.

Okay, glad I’m not crazy ( in this instance ) because I went looking for it when I posted and couldn’t find it in app or API. I do remember that before I checked the “allow logging” box mine would only refresh when I clicked refresh or opened device in the app.

1 Like

My device appears to be updating automatically every 10 minutes, including the latest photo during the day. I’m on the latest 2.0.1 DH and latest smartapp that I updated on 2/24. Not using rule-machine or pollster or anything else. Prior to that update, mine was only updating with a manual refresh.

I like initial state it has a few annoying things but they are constantly improving it. I did have to add a line subscribing to power as well as energy to log current usage instead of just accumulating usage for my power meter. after you have ran it a bit I would be interested to know if your BS solar panel charges your battery to the same place every day and the top value of the charge.

This is very puzzling. You have the same versions I do. Not running anything that might be forcing an update?

Yours updates and mine doesn’t.

Any ideas, @slagle?

Anyone else having issues with a added weather station flooding the activity feed every time the weather changes? It’s really annoying. :rage:

I think you’re alone. Seems any complaints are of it not updating often enough. Unless you have push notifications turned on, I don’t see any issue of too much data. Solution would be to turn of notifications.

Luckily I don’t get notifications. I don’t mind it most of the time, but when I am trying to look for a specific event, it gets annoying.