Bloomsky Weather Station

Gotcha. Still seems to be working on mine so that’s definitely odd. If you push refresh does it update?

Obvious question, but have you updated to latest version ? Looking at recent activity log in ST app, I can tell you every time it has changed throughout the night. Earlier versions of app/DH only refreshed manually.

I updated the DTH to 2.01 yesterday.

Deleted device and updated to latest version. Still says dry. Interesting…

1 Like

It rained overnight here, and when I got up, I had a notice in SHM of a water leak detected by the Bloomsky. I’m not sure if I set it up this way or it was the default, but my SHM had the “use every moisture sensor” selected for the leak and flood alarm. I’ve since changed it to only use my Fibaro flood sensor.

1 Like

Also don’t forget that the lux value reported by the SmartWeather Station Tile is artificial, based upon the time of day with some adjustments for cloudy conditions and dusk/dawn. Just see estimateLux at line 308:

1 Like

thank you I tried saying that a week ago

Glad I wasn’t the only one awoken at 2:30 am because SHM decided to flash the lights, sound siren to let me know it was raining

2 Likes

[quote=“schapper05, post:104, topic:38202”]
I went to http://shop.bloomsky.com/products-list/indoor-station

It let me check out with one. I would have loved to get this for less, but it is worth it to me (at least for home). It was 79 + shipping
[/quote]Looks like they’ve removed that page now, as that no longer shows the indoor unit.

I got one you are not missing out on much…

1 Like

Glad I don’t have SHM using all water sensors. I have one dedicated to a fish tank autofill container. Wife would have been pissed if SHM went off because of rain…

1 Like

Same here. I totally understand why they stopped selling it…

1 Like

OK, my water sensor is working now! Wonder if it is just not very sensitive?

Also, I love reading “water is wet” in the logs. Just makes me giggle. :smile:

Anyone getting alarms from their BloomSky for it raining?

remove the bloomsky from your SHM

You probably have “Use all water sensors” selected. So this would include the water sensor in the bloomsky.

4 Likes

Ya, I unclicked the " use all sensors" this morning. I never even thought of it until SHM went off at 2:30 and I thought a pipe had broken in kitchen or basement.

@slagle That’s what I had done, I revised my water sensors and removed the BloomSky. Thanks for the help.

:frowning: Sorry about that

That’s OK. I went to check my sump pump and hot water tank!

1 Like

No apology needed, not your fault, that I had my settings wrong :smile:

1 Like