break
case [‘partlysunny’, ‘partlycloudy’, ‘hazy’]:
lux = 7500
break
default:
//sunny, clear
lux = 10000
}

I decided to power cycle my Bloomsky to see how it affected Lux. It was 255 before power cycle after 19 then 5 min later 37 then 73.

Something isn’t right somewhere. IDE only shows the station updating no numbers. Is there anyway to get the numbers to log? Figured logging out I just enabled it under Guided Setup DUH. LOL

How dd you do this? I tried but Smart Tiles isn’t showing my station. If you used the code you posted, do I just post that in my BS DH, does it matter where?

I am starting the think Bloomsky did not intend the luminescence sensor to be used this way.

1 Like

do you have it linketo Weather underground? if so create a Smart Weather tile device in the IDE and instead of Zip code give it Pws:yourstationidinWeatherunderground

i do and I’ll try that thanks.

More of just a sunny, cloudy, night . type of thing. Even then the numbers are all over the place .

1 Like

My Illuminance also shows 1000Lux on the weather tile log and 110 in DH

the tile is set to fixed values based on reported could cover conditions
0 night
1000 overcast
2500 partly cloudy
10000 sunny

1 Like

Seems to steadily climb and reset at noon for me going over my logs in the DH.

Hi, the luminance sensor is very direction-sensitive. The hole that lets the light in is small. So if you want to use the data in a sensible way, you need to adjust the direction to avoid direct sunlight, reflections, moonlight etc. The luminance sensor is located right to the camera, or left. For this reason, we didn’t show the data in the app, it’s more a reference. Don’t forget that the camera, LUX and UV sensors as whole is adjustable. You can move it up and down. @Benji

7 Likes

@Yongfeng_Zhang I just got one of your indoor stations and it did not come with instructions on how to connect it to my outdoor station. got any advise?

Well the sun came out some and UV went to 2 and Lux still follows the trend it was 110 sun came out 146 clouds covered sun UV 1 Lux 164 So my lux reading are not working.

@Yongfeng_Zhang Can you explain why my LUX only climbs and never lowers except at 12pm EST when it reset to 19? Even tracking the raw numbers it’s only climbing and at a predictable rate. Luminance:396593
Luminance:528153(sun brightest UV 2 all other numbers are with clouds UV 1)
Luminance:593202
Luminance:658755
Luminance:724305
Luminance:789851

Thanks.

Hi, since I see a lot of people being not clear about how the device works, I’d like to briefly explain it here.

The device takes a picture and does the other measurements about every 5 minutes. It then uploads the image along with the data to our server. It will stop uploading pictures at night, but the other data won’t stop updating. It’s 24 hrs a day, 7 days/week. If you call the API at night, the image URL will be the last one taken before dark.

We define ‘night’ as half an hour past sunset. We don’t use the luminance sensor to tell it. We calculate the sunset and sunrise time with the lat, lon, utc and dst of the device. So the device stops updating pictures half and hour after sunset, and restarts it half an hour before sunrise. The time-lapse video will be generated about 45 minutes after sunset.

And the luminance sensor is very direction-sensitive. The hole that lets the light in is small. So if you want to use the data in a sensible way, you need to adjust the direction to avoid direct sunlight, reflections, moonlight etc. The luminance sensor is located right to the camera, or left. For this reason, we didn’t show the data in the app, it’s more a reference. Remember that the camera, LUX sensor and UV sensor as whole is adjustable. You can move it up and down.

And a couple of articles about setting up devices:

@schapper05 Can you put this somewhere noticeable? Thanks.

6 Likes

What direction are your sensors pointing to? Can you adjust the direction and record the readings for comparison?

1 Like

2:50pm before moving. Luminance:1183025 Raw and in the ST app 328

3:00pm after moving Luminance:1314204 Raw and in the ST app 365

3:05pm:Luminance:1379709 Raw and in the ST app 383

As you can see still climbing pretty predictably. Even though now it’s pointing in the direction of the sun there has been no noticeable jump.

I would think that if they wanted it used, they would have advertised it on the their main website…

3 Likes

Hi, I applied for the community support pilot about 5 days ago, when will I hear if my application was approved?

It is on their website under their blog. They do appear to want it to be used in some way, it’s listed in their API so they made it available, so hopefully there is a way to make it useful.

K so I rotated the camera down so the sensor is point at the sun and the readings continue on the same pattern of rise. And I have never seen the Luminance go down(except when it reset at noon) it only climbs steadily even at night.

Luminance:1641771 and ST 456 before tilt down
Luminance:1707285 and ST 474 after tilt down