Bloomsky Weather Station

• corrected humidity display issue
  • converted candela meters to lux properly (hard to do it perfectly because i don’t know what distance the ionosphere is from you guys but I calibrated against my own lux meter.)
  • added version (p.s. it would be great if you guys could just know the version number that is in my head and read my mind :wink: )
9 Likes

With the response time with @slagle on this and @bravenel on Rule Machine, I think we now have an unrealistic expectation on how updates should be made :).
Thank you all.

9 Likes

Add his github to your IDE, then all you have to do is click:

Followed by:

Here are the settings you need for Tim’s repository:

7 Likes

So lets talk about batteries…

It looks like 4 bars within the Bloomsky app corresponds to a value between 2575 and 2590mV within ST. Can others confirm this?

Yep,

I’d like to know what the bottom number is too, then we can just do a scale. It’s probably not absolute zero, maybe 500mV is the minimum it needs? Although, it could be zero…

I may just unplug it and see when the last mV value comes through

1 Like

Looking at the photos, etc, I was wondering if the solar panel may even be messing with it (Solar panels sink heat, and then radiate it back outward and upward).

Oh, for anyone using SmartTiles ( @625alex @tgauchat ) and/or any other dashboard/control panel thingy and want to add your BloomSky cam pics to a tile, I found this link in the source code from the page where @Chris_Crowder 's unit is showing data…

I sort of assume this will be the same for everyone, but not sure. You just need to open the page and look at the source code to find yours. All I did was search for src and it was the third hit.

Not sure if that’s all we need or what (haven’t tried it on any of my dashboards yet), but it’s something…

3 Likes

Thanks for the info. I’ll fix it this afternoon. I wonder if mine will be too hot as well being under direct sunlight and the roof giving off some heat.

Man, this is not fair, I am missing all the fun! Where is my station? lol. Oops, I didn’t order one :wink:

Yup… that looks like a valid “snapshot” tile … not a video stream, but SmartTiles offers 5 second refresh or similar.

1 Like

The image is only updated every 5 minutes. No need to poll more than 5 minute intervals, in this case.

1 Like

Would you mind describing how to setup github integration a little more?
Where is this screen that shows “Update from Repo”? Is this on Github or Graph/Smartthings?

How do I do this?

Thanks!

Go to https://graph.api.smartthings.com/ide/devices, login, and then click the Settings button in the top right. Then click Update from Repo and select the bloomsky device from the list. Click the publish checkbox and then execute update.

After that go to My Smartapps along the top bar and repeat the update from repo steps (the repo settings are shared between devices and apps).

Hello, thanks, but I log in to smarthings, I go to the devices page. I do not see settings in the top right.

You’ll only see the settings option under My SmartApps and My Device Handlers.

1 Like

Ah, right - click “Enable Github integration” and setup an account. It’s been so long since I did it that I forgot that step. Sorry…

Thanks its working now. The problem was that when I clicked enabled, the page has changed in github and did not work.

But I was able to add whatever settings are needed to get this to work.!

Nevermind :slight_smile:
As soon as I typed this message about having trouble getting it to connect to my WiFi, I turned around and it was connected. :slight_smile:

Hi, Luminance is in cd/m2(squared meter), voltage is mv.

1 Like

Changing the focus little bit back to free station applications.
Did anybody (who is waiting for approval) get any emails today (being Thursday)? Read from the thread that they are approving them in batches. I didn’t get any emails, not even a confirmation when I applied. Which, I heard others also experienced. Thoughts? Checked my spam folder multiple times.
Put an email to their support from their website with my email id reference to check. Will update here once I get their response. Looking at the ST app, I REALLY would like to have one :sunglasses:
PS: I applied on 2/5, last Friday.