Bloomsky Weather Station

nvm. Didnt mean to reply to you.

DMZ is the best way to do it.

When creating the new device type for the BloomSky, does it matter what I put in for Device Network ID? I couldn’t figure it out so I just put in a random number and it works, but am wondering if something specific belongs there.

doesnt matter my id is bloomsky

1 Like

Are both of the sections of code listed above “apps,” or is one for creating a new device type? I just need to know where to enter the code in my graph.api… smartthings site.

Thanks,
-Matt

The URL should depict which is which.

Please continue the discussion about wifi security elsewhere, I suggest:

Network Security: A guide to securing your IoT home:

I have linked your off topic posts to the network security topic for your convenience =D

Maybe a mod would move these to the linked topic? @slagle Would you be so kind?

2 Likes

What is everyone doing for mount and power?

It comes with a Mount and Solar for power.

That said, I can post a pic of what I do after this weekend as my first one is supposed to arrive today!

2 Likes

It also comes with an AC power adapter. So, I use that while configuring the unit in my house, before taking it outside to mount it. Then, I will connect the solar panel.

1 Like

Scroll up ,there are a few pics of the way some that already received theirs, mounted them.

2 Likes

bummer :confused:

Ya know…yesterday, when I looked back up at the first one that I posted and saw the same image there as when I first posted it, I thought perhaps I had just not refreshed the page yet or something. If I had just refreshed, I would have discovered this.

Thanks for looking closer at it.

@Yongfeng_Zhang
Is there any chance you could change it to use a static URL, and/or provide us with a separate, private URL that is static so that we can at least access the pic from our own BloomSky whenever we want from outside of the BloomSky app or the official web page for it?

2 Likes

This would be great!

1 Like

Just checked my inbox. Got mine as well! Hooray - another ‘toy’ to play with.

2 Likes

I sent you a PM a little bit ago. I have an internal module. Let me know what you need for testing this out.

1 Like

so should I fill out the second “invitation” and just relocate it to a friends house? Or just let it expire?

Whats the group think?

Personally: I wouldn’t relocate it without their permission. I applied for 4, 1 right away that was approved last week, then 3 more afterwards for different addresses. I only received 1 approval email this week. I emailed them to check on which address was approved, and I suggest you do the same (in your case email them the address, but I would check with the friend and have them sign the agreement because if it disconnects bloomsky could charge You if you sign)

2 Likes

Thanks. But mine is still showing decimals…

Weird… hmm…

Mine is allright. Do you have the latest version?

This is really cool. Cant wait to get mine hooked up.

Yeah, version 0.5. Showing published but still not working for some reason.