Bloomsky Weather Station

Well, so far my station (Cyclops) just survived a minor hail storm. That was nice since it knocked off and cleaned up some bird droppings on the solar panels, :grin:

2 Likes

I skipped the bucket mounting idea and just used yours. It was easier, no need to get gravel :slight_smile: I will post a pic of before and after, the temps look more consistent with the other stations in the area.

Edit: Pics

1 Like

Anyone else’s station stopped reporting?

Mine is stuck at full dark saying 3200+ Lux.

Here is a zwave weather station, just announced at MWC in Barcelona. It is made in Slovenia, and operates at 433 Mhz, so I am presuming it won’t work in the US (yet…?)

http://qubino.com/products/weather-station/

I can’t tell if I should post this here to ask how to fix this, or in the SmartTiles discussion.

Anyone know which is the culprit?

Would be nice though, if I could just plug my BloomSky into my electrical main and run my house off it!

19 posts were split to a new topic: Google OnHub 2.4/5GHz Discussion

I agree, get rid of that POS. When they released it with such a limited feature set, it was a red flag that it would suck. Having 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands with the same SSID is NEVER good for consumer use. First off, most consumer routers stink at roaming between them. Second, it just confuses the user, never know what band a device is on.

If you have a dual band router, setup 2 SSID’s, any device that sees the 5Ghz band, join ONLY to that network, everything else will go to 2.4Ghz. That’s the easiest way to keep them separate and troubleshooting becomes MUCH easier.

1 Like

Does anyone know what this means? It is a notification I get on my iphone.

The notification is from Smartthings, but is it from the bloomsky connect App?

Does it mean my battery is charged 100%?

This is a measurement of the batteries power in mV, not its % of total power. It is the amount of power the solar panels have stored at the moment of the reading, in milli-volts. IMHO.

Think of it as a cell phone battery that has a maximum storage of 3,000 mA at 66% would have a power measurement of 2,000 mA.

Hmm,
why do I get this message at 1:36 pm every day? Is this configurable?
and why is it telling me that it is above 100? is this configurable?

@professordave
I have no idea about the msg at 1:36 every day.

We do get a push notification from the mobile app every day when it’s finished preparing the daily time lapse vid. I think it’s on by default, but can be turned off in mobile app settings. However, this usually happens a little while after it stops taking photos for the day, which seems to usually happen for mine shortly after sunset.

As for it being “above 100”, if you’re talking about the battery number that you asked about earlier, did you read Belgarion’s response above? Seems to answer that issue.

Here is a screen shot from smartthings showing the notification I am receiving from bloomsky. It is NOT from the bloomsky app.

Maybe another smart app is sending this, but I do not know which one.

Anyone know?

do you have a battery monitor smart app installed to let you know when its time to change the batteries in motion sensors, door sensors, etc.?

1 Like

@Automated_House

Ha ha, you are correct, I forgot I had set that up.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Now we know the battery monitoring SmartApp that you’re using is working.
Awesome! :slight_smile:

New install… Copy/pasted API key… Anyone else seeing this error in live logging? Device is not getting created…

Refreshing bloomsky devices
debug getChildDevices(false), children=0
debug Error: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

Looks like a fluke. Refreshing the app a few times created the device.

2 Likes

This freaked me out for a bit when I was viewing the time lapse. :scream:

3 Likes
1 Like

Happy Feet LOL