Black Friday & Cyber Monday (November 23-26, 2018)

For those interested in the Costco Arlo Pro Smart Home Wireless Security Camera 3 pack for $300, it is live now. You can find it both on the website and in store.

I picked mine up today at the B&M.

I just installed three of the new S2 switches in some four-way setups and I was blown away by how easy it was and how well they worked. Literally dropped in replacement for one of the switches and left the other two as is, no need to even rewire. I just wish I had waited for the Black Friday sale :). Although I’m trying to justify if I need to get a few more. I’ve had great success with the Zooz brand - I have about a dozen already installed.

3 Likes

Just finished my 4 Way test install with ZooZ, now I can get the rest that I need.

2 Likes

Label maker for @jdroberts

Sonos One for $175
SmartThings Monitoring Kit for $75

IKEA has a Black Friday $25 off $100 purchase coupon for their loyalty program members, But I’m not sure how you get a code other than signing up for the program. Valid in store from the 22nd through the 26th. Valid online on Thanksgiving day only. Good time to stock up on Tradfri smart lighting. :sunglasses:

We’ll have a deal for the S2 series on Small Business Saturday, it’s just one day and limited quantities so get up early :slight_smile:

2 Likes

eBay BF ad has been released. Check in 1st post of this thread.

I’ve installed a bunch of GE Three-Way switches and a couple of Zooz 4-ways.

The Zooz 4-ways are cheaper and simpler than using GE Add-On switches, so they are a fine choice.

The reason I stick with the GE Add-Ons is minor, but sticks with me: Once they are installed (main or secondary) will turn on when flipping them up and turn off when flipping down. The traditional additional switches in a Zooz setup need to be flipped up or down depending on the current state of the lights which I find mildly annoying.

1 Like

This is how a “dumb” 3-way circuite works. IMO, the only reason to use a GE is if you want to dim from the other location.

4 Likes

Let’s hope one day we’ll find a way to magically turn mechanical switches into electronic add-ons :wink: Challenge accepted!

1 Like

… or operate a fan from more than one location. Pretty cool that the add-ons facilitate 3-way fan control.

I put add-ons everywhere to maintain consistency in my switch operation across the house.

4 Likes

Just left Lowe’s and they had them in stock. Zip 27265

So, it’s worth a shot. They also still had the motions for $15 and contacts for $10. I bought alot of them a week or so ago.

As for at the dimmers, although the Z-Wave Plus versions have more functions, these are solid switches and dimmers.

1 Like

Any deals on ZigBee Outlets?

Ring just posted their early deals. Discounts on kits mainly up to 20% off.

1 Like

Lowe’s had some Iris Plugs marked down to $9.99…They still have some at my Local Lowe’s. Even if you can not find the ones for $10 (older packaging), the current models are marked down 39% right now.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Iris-120-Volt-White-Smart-Plug/1000308517

1 Like

In wall or pocket sockets?

:rofl:, really …

Same here. Figure you do it once and eat the cost. They should, in theory, outlast the Smart Swithes 10 fold.

1 Like

It’s $23 at my Lowe’s :sob:

Pocket size…will be controlling an exhaust fan inside an IDF based on temp from a multi sensor