Black Friday & Cyber Monday (November 23-26, 2018)

Either that, or ADT has been happy with their side and is willing to help subsidize the initial hardware, which, after all, is their main business model. I don’t have any idea which is true, but ADT needs some kind of DIY option to compete with Amazon/Ring and NEST.

2 Likes

Why wouldn’t i need any add-on switches for 3-way and 4-way installations? I have some of both, can you support that? I have both line and common wires in all my boxes.

With most smart switches, the connection between the accessory switch and the master switch is different than with dumb switches, so you have to replace both the master and the accessory.

Some of the zooz models and some of the Lutron models Allow you to use standard traveler wires and your existing accessory switches, which means you don’t have to replace those switches.

2 Likes

Ohhh Snap!!! That’s what’s up!!!:star_struck::star_struck:

Where were you when I purchased my first 10 switches ? Somebody owes me a refund…

1 Like

The easiest way to connect the Zooz switches with existing 3-way and 4-way switches is with the new S2 models which are easier and quicker to wire since you usually just replace the switch connected directly to power line with the Zooz and you’re done (you still need to follow the diagrams closely!):

Just make sure the max wattage is fine for all of your locations since these models aren’t quite as powerful as most smart switches.

5 Likes

Lowe’s BF ad is posted above. Will add items to the list later

1 Like

wow, nothing good at Lowe’s

Agreed. Looks like normal prices for all of their HA devices…

anybody seen any Ecobee deals yet?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/ecobee-smart-thermostats-savings?ref=8575135&loc=58595b10e77a11e883f1661e7a0f87950INT&acampID=58595b10e77a11e883f1661e7a0f87950INT

Note that there is a “free item with purchase” on those ecobee three listings. The free item is a generation three (newest) Echo Dot. :wink: So it’s $50 off and A free Dot.

3 Likes

That’s a sweet deal!

2 Likes

I might get that actually. I got my last Ring Pro on a really good lowes deal for $160, $180 with the dot and chime is comparable. Easier to put in a ring pro on the back door then figure a way to wire Ethernet for a camera.

3 Likes

Best Buy has now added the same deal for the ecobee 4: $50 off and a free Dot.

1 Like

OK, it seems the Lowe’s ad posted earlier is their pre-black Friday ad and not their Black Friday ad which has yet to be released.

1 Like

I am ready with all my lowes gift cards and coupon codes :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Check with your local utility companies. Especially this time of year they love to run deals on smart thermostats. Last year they had E4s for $49.

3 Likes

Just a $50 rebate from PG&E; but a start. A little complicated to apply though, geesh!

http://zemismart.com/

Lowe’s has the Ecobee 4 + 1 sensor (sorry, no Echo Dot) for $199. Use a $20 off and ebates to get a lower price. But might be best to see if any lower prices appear between BF and CM. Good luck!

3 Likes

In New Jersey PSE&G has $150 instant rebate on Ecobee 3 lite, Ecobee 4, Honeywell Lyric T5, Nest 3rd Gen and Nest E.

2 Likes