Black Friday & Cyber Monday (November 23-26, 2018)

Keep in mind nest hello only record one way audio ( visitor side) , so when you play back the video, its gonna be really odd. I called them multiple times , the CSR gave me the same bs about some technical difficulties. Eventually I got so fed up and went to ring elite. I told them there are bunch of 30 to 50 dollar chinese doorbell can record two way audio, there is no excuse a multi-billion dollar company like Google can’t get this fixed unless they don’t want to. Plus, isn’t it kinda odd that no one is the QC team says “err, maybe customers would like to hear both side of conversation”?

2 Likes

Ah, dag nabbit. . . Google Wifi 3 pack on sale at Amazon for 212.49 right now after I just bought on Saturday for 249.99 at Best Buy. Not sure how long the extra discount is around for. If Best Buy matches I’ll ask for a price match otherwise I just have to let it go.

1 Like

I hear over on the Hubitat forums, the peanut plugs are “Xiaomi Killers”, something about end device aging timeout and other quantum physics terms, I think they said it quarks them off

I got some right from Securifi & even with Almond+ to update FW they never reported power reliably even attached to Almond hub.

1 Like

No price matching from Nov through Christmas.

2 Likes

Same. I got my last batch for $18 and thought that was good. Great way to add a Zigbee repeater. Solid performance and cheap.

1 Like

Ubiquiti. I’m running 9 switches with a 10Gb fiber backbone between them, 9 APs, and a couple cameras at work. At home I have a USG, 8 port PoE, 8 port non-PoE, 2 APs, and some cameras that replaced a Netgear Nighthawk. It just works day in and out without issues…can’t recommend it enough.

2 Likes

Yeah, saw that when I went to check anyway. Double doh!

Just go with Ubiquiti, don’t be afraid. Edge or unifi bridge & a couple APs won’t cost any more than a good standalone router. The only hassle is fishing LAN cables from router to the APs. I used CAT7 so hopefully I’ve future proofed myself as much as possible from having to do it again.

4 Likes