Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2017

I bought two of the Walmart ones :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Simple reason is that “we” always find another unplanned use for things once we have them.
Especially when talking about outdoor switches I think the extended range of zw+ would be a big advantage

If you mesh is strong then no. If you need to reach out a little further than Z-Wave Plus has a longer range. I have 6 of the GE Outdoors (regular Z-Wave version) and never had an issue with any of them. Although only 3 is being used outside…

Thanks for reminding me that I have 2 of the old ones being used in the basement, where I could easily be using something else. They were just the only thing I had available at the time.

LOL! When we have devices that we totally forget about, lets us know that we didn’t need them to begin with. Last winter, I heard noises in the attic so I put my “Front Door Camera” up there to take a look…

One year later…It’s still up there looking! The bird, who was the noise maker, has been flown the coop!

K back on topic dammit!

3 Likes

I’m sorry for getting off topic here but why in the hell do I have 27 freaking Alexa devices? How? When? This must be wrong…Where do I sign up for HAA?

1 Like

Also off topic but hey this is a cyber monday deal thread and it’s Thursday so w/e. What camera and DTH is that?

27 ?? You forgot the 0 . I think last time I ran discovery it was 253. Now she just tells me how many new ones she’s found and doesn’t bother adding them all up.

1 Like

I think he means 27 actual Alexa/Echo devices which doesn’t seem possible…

I think he means that he has 27 echos, dots or taps, etc.

Probably a just bad GFI

Hm, I think Echo devices include everything that is Echo-capable: Fire TV, Fabriq, phone apps (e.g. Amazon, Reverb), Fire tablets… I only have 14 :slight_smile:

Since it counts every Echo,Dot, Tap, Fabriq, phone, tablet, thermostat , light switch etc with Alexa enabled. 27 is very easily attainable . Cone to think of it, I’m probably close to that, once I install the new Ecobee toys

4 Likes
belgarion : Amcrest Camera	dguindon/Amcrest-Camera (master)	Published	Actuator, Configuration, Image Capture, Motion Sensor, Polling, Refresh, Sensor, Switch, Switch Level, Video Camera, Video Capture

Amcrest IP2M-841 ProHD 1080P

Never had a single issue with it.

1 Like

During the whole Alexa loosing her freaking mind fiasco, I had to add my devices in 10 at a time. Every time I would get up to around 100, it would crash. I am at 110 which only consist of the ones that really matter. The rest I have left unchecked and I am scared to do the select all thing again as everything is working great now.

As far as total devices…I am not as bad as you! Hahaha!! :rofl:

I only allow Alexa access to 120 devices. I thought the idea of this thing was to simplify life.

Me too once upon a time!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::grimacing::confused::roll_eyes:

1 Like

When they introduced the intercom feature, that was it! I still want to get about 4 of those Echo Spots. Those are just too perfect. IMHO.

3 Likes

That’s what I thought too, at least in the beginning when I only had a dozen or so devices. I’m at 75+ now and ‘simple’ is out the window. Only 7 of those are actual Alexa devices, though. One Echo and six Dots, not counting the two Dots I just bought for $30 each because why not. :thinking: