[OBSOLETE] BigTalker 2.0 -- Development

@rayzurbock Here is the error message when press the BigTalker-DEV-Parent in SmartApps under SmartThings

//949a68f1-a3a5-4c7f-bca2-50ea93bb32cd 上午11:21:10: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script150699972445498625217.setAppVersion() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] @ line 26
//949a68f1-a3a5-4c7f-bca2-50ea93bb32cd 上午11:20:10: error groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script150700017135698625217.setAppVersion() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] @ line 26

Is there a way to hear the sample voices without setting it up in Big Talker?

Line 26 in the current parent app code calls the function:
setAppVersion()
Maybe that function doesn’t exist in your current version of the code?

Are you sure you overwrote your code for the parent app with that from the link above in post 118 BigTalker 2.0 -- Development

Perhaps try killing your SmartThings app and relaunching?

Use the Talk Now option from the main BigTalker app. It allows you to play with the voices.

@rayzurbock Sorry, After check with my code, I have miss the last code SetAppVersion() in the SmartThings, Now it is OK !!

1 Like

OK, just thought there were sound bites on the web.

Good idea, Perhaps I should create and publish a few samples, eventually.

For those that do not know (which is nobody until this post):
I have some Morgan Freeman sound-alikes published (much thanks to @EasyE (@nelemansc )) that you can use with musicPlayer mode and the new %mp3(https://xxxxxx.xxxx)% phrase token.

replace https://xxxxx.xxxx in %mp3()% with:
%mp3(https://lowrance.cc/ST/audio/mf/)%
and append the following after …audio/mf/ (if you have trouble, replace spaces with %20)
back door has been opened.mp3
basement door has been opened.mp3
cleaning supplies cabinet has been opened.mp3
front door has been opened.mp3
good morning.mp3
good night.mp3
liquor cabinet has been opened.mp3
patio door has been opened.mp3
searching for car keys.mp3
setting the mood.mp3
starting movie mode.mp3
starting party mode.mp3
starting romance mode.mp3
turning off all the lights.mp3
turning off the air conditioner.mp3
turning off the bar lights.mp3
turning off the chandelier.mp3
turning off the family room lights.mp3
turning off the hallway lights.mp3
turning off the kitchen light.mp3
turning off the light.mp3
turning off the lights.mp3
turning off the mood lights.mp3
turning off the tv.mp3
turning on all the lights.mp3
turning on the air conditioner.mp3
turning on the bar lights.mp3
turning on the chandelier.mp3
turning on the family room lights.mp3
turning on the hallway lights.mp3
turning on the humidifier.mp3
turning on the kitchen light.mp3
turning on the light.mp3
turning on the lights.mp3
turning on the mood lights.mp3
turning on the tv.mp3
vacate the premesis.mp3

Full example: %mp3(https://lowrance.cc/ST/audio/mf/back door has been opened.mp3)%
or: %mp3(https://lowrance.cc/ST/audio/mf/back%20door%20has%20been%20opened.mp3)%

** Disclaimer: The voices portrayed are not the actor Morgan Freeman. They were freelanced by someone else. I didn’t create these nor commission their creation. I have been granted permission to host them for BigTalker by @EasyE (@nelemansc).

2 Likes

I would have thought that Amazon would have samples posted somewhere. I found a few of the foreign voices, but they were speaking in their native language. So hard to determine which would be the best.

OK overnight something strange happened, all the foreign voices are gone from the Config menu other than US and GB. The screenshot below is all I see.

That is by design. I am only exposing the en-us (US English) , en-gb (UK English) and es-us (Spanish) voices. SmartThings is only supported in these markets.

Voice samples can be found here:

1 Like

Is there any GitHub respiratory to be as reference for us ?

2 Likes

Just signed up to this community and big thanks to all members especially to the creator of this app. My favorite app so far.

Quick question though … @joelw135 Where do you see that “Select voice” option? I can’t see that on my Bigtalker. Thanks

1 Like

Open the App>Configure Defaults>3rd item down.

1 Like

The voice option was just added to the 2.0 development version last night (see this post, link).
See the GitHub/Raw Code links 2 posts up.

If you are coming from BigTalker 1.1.12, don’t overwrite your old code. Instead you need to start from scratch with the 2.0 version. Launch BigTalker and scroll all the way down to the bottom, just above “Remove” you should see the version number. See this post for more info on moving to the dev version (link).

Thanks for quick reply but I do use that recent one … post #118

Going to About below it shows
Big Talker P2.0.b3

I’m also using this as speechSynthesis and LANnouncer. That could be the reason?

I’m using the smartthings android app
Going to Automation >> BigTalker-DEV-Parent
Then all I see is

Big talker
Status
Configure Defaults
Talk Now
Event Groups
"My test group"
Add Event Group
About

Tried clicking on each but can’t really find that :frowning:

Here is what I’m seeing on “Configure Defaults”. Thanks

Yes, that’s the reason. Voice changing using this method only works if you are in musicPlayer mode.

The voice used when in speechSythesis mode is handled by the device (in this case the Android TTS engine on the device that you are using LANNouncer). There is no way for BigTalker or SmartThings to change the voice used on these devices.

When in musicPlayer mode (which doesn’t support LANNouncer), the text is sent through SmartThings API’s which utilize Amazon Polly TTS service and returns an MP3 URL that is then played. When sending the text we are able to request a specific voice that is supported by Amazon Polly.

Got it … found it on code too … I should look at it first before asking but many thanks to you and others … I guess I have to buy a cheap speakers instead of LanNouncer

> if (state.speechDeviceType == "capability.musicPlayer") {
        section ("Adjust volume during announcement (optional; Supports: Sonos, VLC-Thing):"){
        	input "speechMinimumVolume", "number", title: "Minimum volume for announcement (0-100%, Default: 50%):", required: false
            input "speechVolume", "number", title: "Set volume during announcement (0-100%):", required: false
            input "speechVoice", "enum", title: "Select voice:", options: state.supportedVoices, required: true, defaultValue: "Salli(en-us)"
        }