Better Dimmer Device

Has anyone been able to use this device across multiple SmartThings user accounts? I’ve posted a question along these lines here and I’m being told by support that they assume it’s a code problem with the device type. Here’s the description of the issue from that post:

I am trying to implement @wackware’s “Better Virtual Dimmer2” device along with “Dim With Me2” and it is working as expected, but only when logged in as me. When my wife attempts to use the device in the mobile app the panel icon shows as “Unknown” with a question mark. If I log on as her and view the devices types I don’t find anything listed. If I view the device instance it shows up as normal until I click “edit”, where the device type reverts to “Acceleration Sensor Capability” (the top item on the list).

If I go through and manually create the same device type under her account, I can edit the device and change it to “Better Virtual Dimmer”. When I do so, the icon in her application goes back to normal and the device works. Unfortunately, it then no longer works under my account.

Without accounts everything works as expected.

Has anyone tried using this device type across multiple user accounts?