(EDGE Driver-Mc): Zigbee Drivers for Motion, Open/Close, Moisture, Smoke-Co Sensors and others Devices

Hi @ozcet

This device is in stock beta Zigbee Contact driver.

But, it doesnt work properly. Look the picture. I have 2 of them. Just open close status…

should report it to @nayelyz since it is the official smarttgings driver

Thank you for your help…

thanks ^^
i am so happy
it works very well…

happy new year~ friend

Hi @Nettulf

I have added your device to this version of the driver.

───────────────────────────────────────────────────
 Name         Zigbee Power/Meter Mc
 Version      2023-01-04T14:36:07.52670957
- id: "Eva/Meter Reader"
    deviceLabel: Eva Energy Monitor
    manufacturer: Eva
    model: Meter Reader
    deviceProfileName: power-meter-temp
  • It has a specific profile with temperature measurement
  • It has two settings in preferences to adjust the dividers:
 - name: "simpleMeteringDivisor"
     title: "Simple Metering Divider key"
     description: "Simple Metering Divisor for Energy or Instantaneous Power Calculation (default: 1000)"
     required: false
     preferenceType: number
     definition:
       minimum: 1
       maximum: 1000000
       default: 1000
  - name: "electricalMeasureDivisor"
     title: "Electrical Measure Divider key"
     description: "Electrical Measure Divisor for Active Power Calculation (default: 1000)"
     required: false
     preferenceType: number
     definition:
       minimum: 1
       maximum: 1000000
       default: 1000
  • How divisors are used:

• When the device is paired, the driver usually asks the device if it has specific multipliers and dividers:

• If it does have them, it saves them in some persistent variables to use them in the calculations.
    • If device does not has them, assign them both a divisor of 1000 and a multiplier of 1. I think this is the case with your device since it does not measure correctly.
  • When device paired, the driver will assign by default that divisor of 1000 for the calculation of Active Power “Electrical Measure Divisor key” and a divisor of 1000 for the calculation of CurrentSumatoryDelivered (Energy) “Simple Metering Divisor key”.

• Device should now measure the same as it was doing before, with the unmodified driver.

• Use a known load of “xxx W”, the higher it is, more accurate the calculation will be with less time. Example with 1000 w in 15 minutes

• Turn On the load and wait 15 minutes. If the Power is correct you don’t have to touch the “Electrical Measure Divisor key” setting.

• Write down the value of Enegy, if it is not at 0 w/h

• After 15 minutes write down the energy value increment, for example 2.5 Kw/h

• The correct energy increment value should be 1000 w x 15 / 60 = 250 w/h = 0.25 kw/h

• The divisor that should be applied would be 2.5 Kw/h / 0.25 Kw/h = 10

• Since the divisor that is being used by default is 1000, then in preferences you have to change the “Simple Metering Divisor key” divisor from 1000 to 1000 x 10 = 10000.

You can use any other method you consider appropriate, it is just an example

Delete the previous versions of the Zigbee Power/Meter Mc driver and Zigbee Power/Meter stock. Install the new version of Zigbee Power/Meter Mc and pair the device.

1 Like

Nice work! A bit busy today, bot hope to test it later tonight.
Thx for the help!

Just tested it, and the driver seems to work somehow. Still have problem figuring out the energy consumption part.
It shows correct power and temperature at the moment, power seems to come a bit random from 4-10 times in a minute. Temperature every minute if changed from last.
The energy reported 0kWh after the meter was connected to the hub. Then after around 4-5 min when the time was 22:00 the meter reported 101,825316 MWh. It should be around 0,2kWh after 5 min with the power used in that time. Have to wait until 23:00 to read out energy again, but it seems like there is something else than just wrong divisor.

@Mariano_Colmenarejo I manually migrated 2 Kwikset 914’s and 2 Kwikset 912’s to the Zigbee Lock Edge driver. Both work fine except I am no longer able to manage user codes in the 912’s from Smart Lock Guest Access. I was originally using the Zigbee Lock DTH and I was able to do this without any issues. I know there is another DTH called Zigbee Lock without codes. Is there anyway to pick the capability or lock type in the driver? The fingerprint of the 912’s is SMARTCODE_LEVER_5_L . They show up in the cli as lock-battery. The 914’s that the add user code work shows up as base-lock. Any way for me to change the 912’s to base-lock so the add codes works ?

Hi @mlchelp
This device was not in the fingerprints, it was being matched by the clusters with the generic profile “lock.battery”

I have added the fingerprints as you requested, similar to model SMARTCODE_LEVER_5 that existing
Use it at your own risk, I have no idea about the lock devices

Name         Zigbee Lock Mc
 Version      2023-01-05T22:06:05.09531113
- id: "Kwikset/SMARTCODE_LEVER_5_L" # Added M.Colmenarejo 05/jan/23
    deviceLabel: "Kwikset Door Lock"
    manufacturer: Kwikset
    model: SMARTCODE_LEVER_5_L
    deviceProfileName: base-lock

@Mariano_Colmenarejo that worked perfectly I am able to add and remove codes now.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate it.

1 Like

@Mariano_Colmenarejo Hi Mate,

I am facing some issue with my zigbee contact sensor and motion sensor.

I am using your mc zigbee contact and motion sensor driver for SAMOTECH contact sensor and motion sensor.

Both are working fine and reporting the status correctly when the event is triggered but when its in idle mode, the device is going to offline and came active when the event is happening.
Contact sensor recognise as TS0203 Close Sensor.

Could you please add support to these devices.

Regards
Sundar

Hi @Sundareshwar

I need the manufacturer and model fingerprints to identify them.

This is usually because the zigbee network is not very robust or because the devices have not been correctly configured in the pairing and do not send periodic reports every 5 minutes.

Look at the Lqi and rssi value of the received signal metrics in the hub.

@Mariano_Colmenarejo please find the device details in the screenshot

Hi @Sundareshwar

When you return to the Zigbee Contact Mc driver devices will be configured again.
Let’s see if they work better now.

The signal of one of them rssi =-82dbm, it is a bit weak and the lqi =150 is in the middle, the maximum is 255.

The other sensor is not seen in the capture

You can activate in preferences the visibility of the signal metrics in history and in the history of the device you can analyze how they evolve and how they were before losing the connection

@Mariano_Colmenarejo I think these contact sensor update the signal metrics only when it initially been setup with smartthings. I am not seeing any further update in the signal metrics.

@Sundareshwar
Update the metrics every 6 hours with the battery report

@Mariano_Colmenarejo thanks, seems to be a waiting game…

1 Like

Hi @Mariano_Colmenarejo ,

I think my device went to offline again.
Please find the screenshot below:-

Its seems to be not reporting any signal metric after 6 hours.

Any thoughts what i can do to make it to keep it online. Even i have added a zigbee extender in the same room where the device is located to keep reliable connection between hub and device

Could you send me the device pairing logs captured with the CLI?