(EDGE Driver-Mc): Zigbee Drivers for Motion, Open/Close, Moisture, Smoke-Co Sensors and others Devices

@amin300,

This post of @nathancu it is very useful and interesting about wifi and zigbee Network Channels

Thanks @Mariano_Colmenarejo
i have my hub connected to router via 5G wifi and not 2.4G, do you recommend to change it and use 2.4G?
I am asking this to be able and select channel 6

This has nothing to do with what your hub is using. It has absolutely everything to do with the fact that a 2.4Ghz network exists locally and needs to be considered in network planning.

2 Likes

Do not change the 5 GHz connection of the hub with the router, that does not affect anything.

If you have devices that use wifi instead of zigbee or zwave, they will probably use 2.4 GHz wifi. That is the one you have to check that it is not on a channel that can interfere with the zigbee network channel.

2 Likes

Hi Mariano
it has also the temperature.

1 Like

Hello Mariano, this user create a edge driver for curtain:

but i don’t know how to use the github link. Could you help me?

Hello,

I have seen that you have asked him if he has a link to his channel, to see if he answers you.

To meke a driver from the github files you need to use at least the CLI.
Do you have the CLI installed and are you using it?

thanks for your quick reply, I don’t know what is CLI… there is a guide or a link i can see?

Thanks

Here it is also shown how to install an editor for the lua code, it is not essential but it can be useful since you start to make your drivers.

If you only want to install the CLI you can go to point 8, but read the tutorials first.

When you have the CLI installed, tell me to guide you in your specific case

Hello i’ve installed the CLI and succesflully linked with my hub.

Good!

In the CLI github you have all the commands you can run:
https://github.com/SmartThingsCommunity/smartthings-cli

Follow the tutorial to create your edge channel to publish the driver you pack and from where you will install your drivers on your hub.

https://community.smartthings.com/t/tutorial-creating-drivers-for-zigbee-devices-with-smartthings-edge/229502?u=mariano_colmenarejo

• Open the github link where the code is and download the driver folder in Zip

• Extract the driver folders to a directory on your PC

• Copy the full path to the driver folder you extracted:
    run in the CLI this command with your path to the driver folder: (example)
    smartthings edge:drivers:package C:\Users\Documents\Zigbee-Blind-Switch-TS130F

• Once you have the packaged driver you have to publish it on your channel:
    smartthings edge:drivers:publish (follow the on-screen instructions)

• Install your driver in the hub from the app or from the CLI:
    smartthings edge:drivers:install (follow the on-screen instructions)

Note:
All the commands you type in the cli stay in the terminal’s memory and you don’t have to type them again.
you can retrieve them with the up and down arrow keys, it shows them from most recent to oldest

Mariano thanks for your help!

I’ve create the channel and installed the driver im my hub

But now I need to add the fingerprint to the driver.

this is the original fingerprint.yaml in the driver:

zigbeeManufacturer:

• id: “Loratap.TS130F”
    deviceLabel: Curtain Switch
    manufacturer: _TZ3000_8kzqqzu4
    model: TS130F
    deviceProfileName: TS130F
  • id: “Zemismart.TS130F”
    manufacturer: _TZ3000_dph3rpss

i need to add this:

Data
application: 40
endpointId: 01
manufacturer: _TZ3000_zirycpws
zigbeeNodeType: ROUTER
Raw Description 01 0104 0202 01 05 0004 0005 0006 0102 0000 02 0019 000A

If you didn’t install the VCS editor you can use the windows notepad text editor being very careful to keep the fields aligned as they are.

• Copy a whole group:
-id: "Zemismart.TS130F"
 manufacturer: _TZ3000_dph3rpss
  • Paste it at end in a new line
  • You have to change:
    • the id is mandatory, there can be no duplicates: For example you can write “_TZ3000_zirycpws/TS130F”
    • replace the manufacturer with yours manufacturer: _TZ3000_zirycpws
  • Hit save and see if they dislodge the spaces, which in yml are the delimiters of the fields.

If the spaces are misplaced it will give you an error when packing driver

Great!

They works perfectly in local now!! Thanks for your support!
But i thinks that could be useful for others users… I hope that alex permits to us to use your works…

1 Like

I’m glad it works!!!

It has driver in a public repository, it is supposed to be used or improved by whoever needs it.

Write in the original thread thanks him and tell him you’ve added new fingerprints in case he wants to update it on his github

Hi @Filippo_Mori,
This sensor is in the smartthings beta stocks driver Zigbee Motion Sensor

The only thing my driver provides is configurable temperature report intervals, I will also add it in case it is needed

┌─────────────┬──────────────────────────────────────┐
│ Name        │ Zigbee Motion Sensor Mc              │
│ Version     │ 2022-05-16T16:44:51.30959            │
└─────────────┴──────────────────────────────────────┘
  - id: CentraLite/Motion Sensor-A
    deviceLabel: SYLVANIA Motion Sensor
    manufacturer: CentraLite
    model: Motion Sensor-A
    deviceProfileName: motion-temp-battery
2 Likes

And @Paul_Oliver,
They already fixed it and I published this version that the multiple mosaic already works

1 Like

Your update seems to be working properly.

Thanks for keeping things working.

Any chance the zigbee button driver can be used for 2-3-4 gang Tuya buttons? (e.g. those branded by Moes) ?

Released a new update of the SmartThings Multipurpose Sensor Mc driver, which will be updated automatically.

Improvements:

• Detected that the Three axis and acceleration cluster 0xFC02 only accepts the Attributtes report interval configuration during pairing from reboot. I do not know why!
  • The configuration of the first stock driver beta had these intervals at 300 sec and changes of 1 mG.
  • This configuration causes the battery life to be substantially reduced.
  • The latest version of the stock Beta Zigbee Contact driver has a new report interval setting of 3600 sec, which is much better.
  • I have updated my driver to these 3600 sec report intervals, but it only configures correctly with these new values if the sensor is uninstalled and re-paired.

In this way it only sends the open/closed status every 5 minutes, according to the default configuration.

┌─────────────┬──────────────────────────────────────┐
│ Name        │ SmartThings Multipurpose Sensor Mc   │
│ Version     │ 2022-05-17T16:08:14.145516           │
└─────────────┴──────────────────────────────────────┘
2 Likes