[BETA] Z-Wave Tweaker (See post #209 for new V3 app version)

I believe your going to need to use the classic app

1 Like

Apparently that’s what I have. I guess I’ll delete the device handler and redo it? I

Did you log into the IDE and change the DTH of the device your working on to the Z wave tweaker?

1 Like

Ahhh…correct you are sir. Perhaps I’m still a noob :grinning:

2 Likes

It’s all a learning process. I used this once to set a parameter. Don’t even remember the device anymore. Good luck!

2 Likes

Now I’m stumped as to where to change the parameter :slightly_smiling_face:

Not knowing what you are trying to accomplish will make my answer vague. However, the concept is to set a parameter you need to specify which parameter and what the value of it should be. Put that information in the parameter ID and parameter Value fields. Then it Done. If you then hit print params you watch the logs in the IDE to see that it is set.

You device instructions should tell you what parameters can be set in the device.

I am hoping for some help using this tweaker with the Aeotec Nano Dimmer. After changing the device handler to the tweaker, I am unable to connect to it via the SmartThings app. On the dashboard the message “Checking Status” is displayed. When I try and open the options for the device a message “Couldn’t connect to Light. Try again later.” is displayed.

I have tried closing the app and restarting the phone.

I would be grateful for any ideas please.

Are you using the new ST app? I’m pretty sure tweaker will only work with the SmartThings Classic app.

1 Like

I am using the new one. Thanks for the info, I didn’t realise this. That puts me back to square one with setting the fade time on the light sadly. If anyone knows any alternative solution that would be great!

I don’t have a Aeotec Nano Dimmer so I’m not familiar with it. But, if you think Tweaker will do what you want, just download the SmartThings Classic app.

2 Likes

Such a simple suggestion, Classic app worked perfectly. Thank you!

2 Likes

I understand that Tweaker only works on mains-powered devices, but I tried it on a battery powered device (Monoprice Door/Window Sensor) and I was not able to get accurate information on it. My goal is to try to set up an association group with this device. What is the best way to do that if Tweaker doesn’t work?

Since this discussion will be offtopic for this particular thread, can you start a new thread, maybe something like “setting association for battery powered Z wave devices?” And then we can talk about the options.

https://community.smartthings.com/c/devices-integrations/connected-things

New Topic Started

1 Like

Total noob question: will the tweaker work on zigbee devices? I need to change the temperature reporting interval of the iris contact sensor. Thanks

Nope, hence the title of the DTH :wink:

3 Likes

Ha! Thanks

I have spent all morning trying to achieve an association between 2 fibaro modules with zero success, would someone be kind enough to take a look at what I am doing and work out where I am going wrong.

My scenario is I have a dining room light connected to a Fibaro Dimmer 2 FGD-212 which works perfectly and controls the light how I would like.

I then have a kitchen light switch which I have converted to a double light switch and connected this to a Fibaro Switch 2 FGS-223 again this works perfectly, S1 turn my kitchen lights off and S2 shows the value within the Smartthings app as on or off when the second switch is toggled. Q2 is not actually physically connected to anything as the idea is to use Z-wave association to use the S2 from the FGS-223 to turn on and off the dining room light connected to the FGD-212.

After a bit of advice and reading of the manual it would seem to is done by changing the device handler on the Dimmer 2 FGD-212 which is connected to the dining room light and going into tweaker and setting the Association Group ID: to 4 see below taken from the Dimmer 2 Manual

which I have done as can be seen below

I have then set the group members to 0A-ep2 (I have also tried just 0A in case the -ep2 bit was causing issues) see below which shows my device network ID’s and why I have set it to 0A-ep2

I have tried leaving the command class alone and auto but neither setting makes a difference.

I then save this and put the device handler back to the original Dimmer 2 device handler, but nothing seems to change all the devices still continue to work the same through ST but the S2 on the FGS-223 still has no control over the dining room light.

I am obviously doing something wrong, missing out part of the process or just not understanding this all correctly, can someone please help me understand and help me get this working.

I am not sure if I am missing something that I need to change within the Switch 2 FGS-223 within tweaker? So far I understood that I would leave the Switch 2 alone and the changes would all be made within the Dimmer 2 and tweaker?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer me, if any live logging is required please let me know and I will post it up

Ignore my last reply laying in bed i think I’ve realised it is the association for the switch 2 i need to change in tweaker not the dimmer 2!

1 Like