I’ve updated both the SmartApp code and the STWinkRelay app. I am still unable to reproduce the SSDP discovery issue that others in this thread are experiencing, but I’ve done some digging through the UPnP docs and made a couple of minor adjustments to better align with the specification.
In working with @idioffo89 the only other thing we’ve identified is that my SmartThings hub is running what appears to be an older firmware
000.016.000014 whereas his hub is running
The new version of the APK can be downloaded at:
I’ve also added a built-in update feature into the STWinkRelay application. If you navigate to Settings > General > Update App, it will check for an updated version of the app and allow you to download it. When this feature is used (in the future), be sure to open the app again at least once to get the services started again.
I’ve also adjusted the GitHub repository which holds the SmartApp and Device Type code to allow github integration with the SmartThings IDE making it easier to update the code as I push changes. You can enable this feature by going to Graph (IDE) > SmartApps > Settings and then adding a new repository with:
When you are done adding the repository, you can click Update From Repo > STWinkRelay and then check the box for the Wink Relay code and make sure to check the publish button before pressing “Execute Update”.
Alternatively, you can still update the app the old fashioned way, but make note that the URL for the file has changed (and has been updated in the original post in this thread).
When submitting an error report, please include the following information:
- SmartThings IDE Logs during the time that you attempted the discovery
- Filter to just the Wink Relay smartapp so it’s easier to look through it
- STWinkRelay Logs - submit through the app and provide me your device id
- IP Address of your Wink Relay and SmartThings Hub
- The rough time that you ran the discovery
- And any other information you think might be helpful for troubleshooting!