[OBSOLETE] Wink Relay - Custom SmartThings Integration

Just wanted to ask if at this point the only way to map the physical buttons on the relay to run ST routines or things is to setup webCoRe?

You could use the SharpTools.io Rule Engine to map buttons on the Wink Relay to your desired actions.

1 Like

It’s not letting me choose the value ‘on’, the drop down menu just says ‘Choose your option’…

The option to select a value(on/off) is not available and grayed out, see the screenshot, any troubleshooting steps I can take?

I´m having problems with my two Relays, after 4 or 5 days of normal use, they become irresponsive, niether from app nor physical buttons, When this happens I have to reset them and goes back to normal for another 4 or 5 days… do you know what can be causing that?
Also, last week one of them was reset cycling by itself and light were rapidly blinking, reseting did not worked so I had to remove it from wall, also no idea of what is causing that…

Please help

I’ll take a look and see if I tweaked something in my local copy of the device handler.

Hi all!

I purchased a Wink Relay from eBay in hopes of using it with this handler … but it appears to be bricked, and the copy of Edison.zip is either corrupt, or nonexistent.

Does anyone have a copy of it they could send? I’d love to get it working, and not have to return it.

Check out this post/thread. Hopefully it fixes your issues:

3 Likes

Oh my goodness. Thank you so much! I have no idea how I missed that URL, but I’m incredibly grateful that you knew of it!

Has any used the relay new with the new smarthings app? I get a communication error every time. Works in the classic app. Thanks for the work on this!

So this was working for me for quite a while then it just started power cycling and kicking both switches on and off so we had pulled the unit off for a while. It’s connected to the fan in my living room and needed it today when we started the fireplace up for the first time. Tried pushing the reset button on the bottom and the second switch and got an odd response. It displayed this screen and repeatedly played the chorus of “Jessie’s girl” over and over…

That’s the Wink Relay’s test mode. I got mine into that mode at one point too when I was first trying to restart/reset it.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who contributed and developed! I came across one at home depot and picked it up to tinker. Install went smoothly and followed the perfect write up.
I did follow the posted process and stopped at step 32, but after a few hours I am getting logged out of smartthings classic app. I tried searching thru topic but no results.

Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you wizards, you got me addicted to ST again

1 Like

Did you disable the stock Wink app? There’s a Disable OEM App button that should be available on the main screen (which disappears after it has been used).

Thank you so much! Running perfect so far. Ashamed I missed that step of clicking on disable app.

I am contemplating a second one because I love the integrated relay and small display for the price!

Thank you all!!

1 Like

I’m a new Smart Things user moving from Wink to ST and this is awesome, only problem is that it seems to not be working for me. I have the Relay rooted, I have the .apk updated to version 4 and installed this using the community installer and I can’t seem to get this to work(I’m sure its something that I’m doing) The error I see in the logs is physicalgraph.app.exception.UnknownDeviceTypeException: Device type ‘Wink Relay’ in namespace ‘joshualyon’ not found. @line 272 (doCall) and inside the app I see “An unexpected error occurred” Any ideas?

Thanks!

Maybe something with the community installer didn’t work as expected? It sounds like the Wink Relay device type handler isn’t installed.

Try the manual installation using the links to the SmartApp, Device Handler, and Child Device Handler in the first post. :slight_smile:

Is there a way to change the value from deg F to deg C on the wink relay once you install STWinkRelay.apk? My relay is sending temperature readings as deg F and I would like them in deg C. I have my smartthings setup for C I believe. Any Ideas?
Thanks.
M.

You could tweak it in the device handler code.

Change the tile display from hardcoded F to C (just the one character:

And change the temperature conversion:

Thanks! I backtracked the install and found that the device handlers weren’t installed with the community installer. The Smart App installed fine but need the other device handlers to start working, Nice work on this, this has made the jump from Wink to Smart Things much easier. I appreciate the feeedback, it made figuring out where to go on this a lot smoother.

Thanks again!

1 Like