[OBSOLETE] Warmup (Connect) [Warmup 4IE Wifi Thermostat]

I was just testing my thermostat in preparation for the cold weather and noticed the boost function is set to before the current time. I guess this is a timezone setting or something?!

Since April 1, 2019, I can not select devices. Does anyone know what the problem is? I have 7 devices.

So far everything has worked well. Thanks

Hello, im getting the same issue too.
Please can someone help

I think we need to ask Michael Hollins (Head of Smart Devices Division Warmup) help.

This has stopped working for me too :unamused: I think the latest hub update might have broken it

1 Like

Nobody found a solution? I do not understand why the location can be selected and the devices can not be

Hello!!! Good news
I discovered the problem and now everything is working.
There was an error querying the device database, I deleted devices and then added again with warmup app ( https://my.warmup.com/login) 
:slightly_smiling_face:
Important: room type must be General!
6af1d9c031a640b298a5c71c3b007768e8565e64

Yes!! This is working for me now also.
I didnt need to remove and re-add the devices, i just went into the app and changed all room types to General (some were not even selected - which i guess is what caused the problem).

Thanks for the advice

1 Like

Hello,
If you have 2 or more thermostats in the same location using the Warmup (connect) application you will be able to create devices for each thermostat but all will indicate the temperature of the first thermostat in the first room declared at https://my.warmup.com. Why? Because in Warmup 4ie

def mode = room.runMode**[0]**
def temperature = String.format("%2.1f",(room.currentTemp**[0]** as BigDecimal)/ 10)
def heatingSetpoint = String.format("%2.1f",(room.targetTemp**[0]** as BigDecimal) / 10)
def averageAir = String.format("%2.1f",(room.airTemp**[0]** as BigDecimal) / 10)

We observe [0] which represents the first thermostat in the first room, and all devices are created the same.
For example, if we have 3 rooms, it will have to be [0] for the first room, [1] for the second and [2] for the third room.
My solution is to insert in preferences:

input( “nbroom”, “number”, title: “Number of room \nexample: 0 is the first room declared by you in https://my.warmup.com”, description: “room number”, required: true )

in def poll () insert:

def nbroom = settings.nbroom

and change:
def mode = room.runMode[0] with def mode = room.runMode[nbroom]

def temperature = String.format("%2.1f",(room.currentTemp[0] as BigDecimal)/ 10) with def temperature = String.format("%2.1f",(room.currentTemp[nbroom] as BigDecimal)/ 10)

def heatingSetpoint = String.format("%2.1f",(room.targetTemp[0] as BigDecimal) / 10) with def heatingSetpoint = String.format("%2.1f",(room.targetTemp[nbroom] as BigDecimal) / 10)

def averageAir = String.format("%2.1f",(room.airTemp[0] as BigDecimal) / 10) with def averageAir = String.format("%2.1f",(room.airTemp[nbroom] as BigDecimal) / 10)

In this way now we can enter in the device settings the number of the room which is 0 for the first room in the list, 1 for the second room in the list 
 and now devices will indicate the temperature of each room.

This is the solution I found for those who have more thermostats in the same location and will be useful to you.

Thanks

Is there an option to select DegF or DegC for display?

hi guys. can someone pos a step by sstep guide on how to add the warmup app onto the smart things?

Installation Guide

To install the Warmup (Connect) app:

1. Add the Warmup (Connect) app from GitHub as a new ‘My SmartApps’, select create from code option and paste. Save and Publish.
  2. Add the Warmup 4IE device type from GitHub as a new ‘My Device Handlers’, select create from code option and paste. Save and Publish.
  3. Add the Warmup (Connect) app within the ST app from the Marketplace, then selecting the ‘SmartApps’ tab and locating the Warmup (Connect) app under the ‘My Apps’ section which should be at the bottom of the list.
  4. Add your Warmup credentials (email and password) and select ‘Done’ on top right of app.
  5. You should be able to select your location and thermostats devices in the configuration screen.
  6. Once you have selected your devices, click Done on the top right.

Your selected devices should automatically be configured and appear under ‘Things’ with the label [Room Name] Warmup (may require SmartThings app restart).

Hello all,

I have warm up floor heating integrated with smart things worked well for years.

The warm up 4ie thermostat head unit has packed up and is around ÂŁ140 for a new one. The elements & the thermistor in the floor work fine.

Was thinking of not replacing the warm up unit and just using smartthings to control the heat elements via a relay but need something to connect the thermistor to in the floor so the elements aren’t permanently on and switch off when a certain temperature is reached

any ideas ?

Hey I seem to have the same problem, where do I check if I am on the eu server.thanks

Found it, my hub is on eu still doesn’t appear in devices

I have a similar issue. I currently have a 3ie thermostat. The floor probe has failed. The 3ie is in the bedroom, but heating the en suite - so relying on the air temperature is a no-go. So I was going to swap out for 4ie unit, and have remote/wireless temperature sensor in the en suite with ST managing the 4ie. However, a relay would do just as well - but I worry about the fine control of the current driving the heating mat. If you find a suitable relay, that would probably save a lot on the 4ie

Hello Mihail,

I am trying to get up an running with the smartapp and device handler. I have got both installed, but when I add my credentials to complete configuration I am getting [errorCode:101] as a response. I can log in to the WarmUp app and website with my credentials, so I know they are correct. Have I made an error in configuration elsewhere?

Thank you for your help in advance.

Jon

*** update** after two days of me doing nothing, it suddenly worked and the device is now present in ST. My next problem is to get the thermostat to do what I want it to do. The floor probe is broken and not reachable, so I have a temperature sensor in the bathroom and reporting the air temperature. I have created a rule to use time and the reported temp from the sensor to turn the 4ie on - but the thermostat does not react. I can see in the logs the command is sent, but maybe the wrong command is sent? I have tried “heat” and “on”, but neither works.

Is it possible to turn the thermostat on, disregarding its air temp and the floor probe? Or must I disconnect the floor probe? I had to do that with the 3ie unit, because even setting the preference to ‘air’ it would still refer to the floor probe.

Hi, just set this up on my hub, thanks for the code, it’s far better than the IFTTT integration I had running before.
Couple of questions. My layout does not look like the above, it looks like this:

Any way to ‘remove’ the fan options that are redundant?
Also, when smartthings switches the thermostat mode to Off, mine goes into anti_frost (7°c). Is there any way to force it to Off?
Thanks in advance.

Hi, thanks for setting up this. I’ve managed to link the device to Smartthings but I get the notification “We need to download an add-on to help you get the most from your [my Thermostat Name].” This occurs when I try to access the device from my list of devices.

Any ideas?