[BETA v0515] Hampton Bay Zigbee Ceiling Fan/Light Controller

The only thing that pops up there is google home.

???
Can’t help you there buddy. Youu might want to open another thread asking for assistance or contact support. It should be a standard ST option.

1 Like

I’ve been trying to follow this thread to see exactly what I need to install a ST compatible ceiling fan with light controller, and help in a simple walk through of exactly what I need to purchase and what I need to install in the ST app would be greatly appreciated!

1 Like

@stephack That did not work. I’m still getting the same response. “Fan doesn’t support that” and so on. I have one more fan controller to install tonight. I think I’ll just get that installed and then reinstall both my smartapps and everything this weekend. Shouldn’t be too difficult now that I kinda know what i’m doing.

unless you have a better idea of course

Reinstalling the ask alexa and echosistant is probably not the answer. Did you install those apps for basic voice control? If so, I would remove them altogether as they allow pretty advanced setups that are not necessary for simple voice control. The standard Amazon Echo smartapp that you now have configured should suffice. Open the app deselect “allow access to all devices”. That should then give you a list like the one I sent you above. Let me know if you see all the options I described in that list (fan light, fan low, fan medium, etc).

If you don’t see the list then open the IDE click on My Devices
then click on your Fan
like pointed in the picks below.

Then scroll to the bottom and you should see child devices similar to whats pictured below.

If you do not see these then open the fan in the ST app click on the settings cog in the top right and select Delete and Recreate Child Devices. Then go back into My Devices like described above and ensure you see the child devices listed.

What happens if you say “Alexa, turn on living room fan low”

2 Likes

Great point
I missed that in @Tvot84 original post he was missing the all important “Turn on”.[quote=“Tvot84, post:157, topic:85084”]
Also, when I say “Alexa, living room fan low” (or any level) she says “living room fan doesn’t support that”.
[/quote]

BTW @Tvot84. Here’s a list of commands that should work.

Alexa, turn on living room fan
Alexa, turn on living room fan low (medium, high, etc)
Alexa set living room fan to 50 (at whatever level you desire)

1 Like

Yup, just like dealing with any other woman, i just didn’t know how to talk to her. Lol
The other apps i installed was for the more natural speaking aspects for right now until i get more smart things integrated into the house.
Thanks for everyone’s help! :slight_smile:

Now back to the light situation

I changed the bulbs out for dimmable ones. They still don’t dim.
Also

me "alexa, turn on/off living room light"
Alexa “a few things share that name, which one do you want?”

I’m not sure what she’s talking about, i only have one living room light at the moment.
Could she be getting confused with the living room tv, cox box and/or door?

I believe you need to say “turn on living room fan light”

These are what’s in my “things” on the alexa app

Tried that. She says “ok”. But nothing happens.

Did you rename the fan “thing” in ST? It should have defaulted to living room fan light.

I’ll pm you. That way we dont clutter this thread.

Soo
 i got the second one installed.
I figured it would be very easy since its a hampton bay already equipped with a remote. I was wrong, the wireless controller was completely different so i had to figure that all out.
But after the actual install was said and done, i set it up with ST. Everything worked great. Then i realized this fan doesn’t have a switch for reverse, that’s controlled by the original remote. Since i ended up having to leave the original unit in the fan, i used the old remote to reverse the fan. Well, it reversed it, but now i can’t get it to reverse again. High and medium/high work ok (in reverse). But low and medium speeds just sit there and “click” on and off.

Seems to me the original remote and reciever aren’t comunicating anymore for some reason.
Here’s a couple

pics for future reference or for someone else who has one like this.