[BETA v0515] Hampton Bay Zigbee Ceiling Fan/Light Controller

Did you have to rebuild all of your WebCore pistons when you reinstalled WebCore?

@Rafael_Borja - probably a one off issues that I am not sure you can even help with. BUt firstā€¦thanks for making the updates, the DTH works GREAT in the new app! However, it does not work right when integrating through Harmony. I use the ā€œSmartHomeā€ buttons on my harmony remote to control my familyroom stuff, and one of them is to turn on/off the ceiling fan and light. In the past, I could select the actual device speed and it would work fine, but when I try to turn on the fan now, it just turns on the light. Not the fan. I bet it is a simple code change in the DTH, but I have no idea where to start.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thereā€™s a new version on the pipe. Iā€™ll let you know soon.

Best regards!

2 Likes

Can you confirm your hubā€™s version?

1 Like

Removing and and re-adding should be safer/

1 Like

Excellent!!! Thank you!

Thanks for your help, I donā€™t know why but the 6th time did the trick!

1 Like

I got one fan that seems to refuse to update its device in the app to use the dimmer for the fan and the light shows up as not connected. The other 3 fans work perfectly. I tried changing the dimmer from Yes to No in the device and clicked on delete/recreate child devices numerous times, and the IDE shows the same DTH between all 4 devices. The preferences are 1 and Yes for use dimmer and recreate children.

Version v.02 is out with the following changes

Fix for events being created every minute on the device history
Fix for duplicated events
Fix for linking light when changing speed
Changes in config preferences (Thanks @CovertJaguar)
Fix for legacy preference of dimmer as fan control
Updated validation scenario for version V.02
Minor clean up and logs

Contributions via PR are very welcomed at https://github.com/rafaelborja/SmartthingsKingOfFansZigbee

Best regards!

3 Likes

To @mejifair

One solution to integrate with harmony is creating a virtual button or switch and an automation that triggers an automation on the fan like the following:

1 Like

Thanks - turns out you canā€™t create virtual switches in the new app, so I need to reinstall the old app, create some switches and then configure them in the new app.

Can you please create a new thread rather than hijacking this one? It will make tracking so much easier. Thanks!

1 Like

Have you made sure you set the control mode to ā€œFANā€ in advanced settings? I believe you can then control it a variety of ways

Hello Rafael,

(Sorry that this is also posted in another thread. Itā€™s not active like this one. This message has been slightly edited.)

Samsung forced me over to the new app a couple of weeks ago (nightmare). I began using your new King of Fans device handlers at that time and they worked fine.

After I upgraded to your new DH version a couple of nights ago the lights on two fans - without touching any physical switch or the app - started coming on. While on they pulse, dimming down and then back up. If you turn the lights off on the app they come back on, on their own, within a few minutes. The light comes back on even after the child device is deleted. The only way to turn the lights off and keep them off is by using the wall switch, which disables the fan.

Weā€™re using the Hampton Bay controllers. So far Iā€™ve seen this occur on two of the eight fans we have, but Iā€™ve only been able to get four of eight to re-pair after deleting the old KOF DH.

Iā€™ve tried deleting and re-adding the (working) fans from scratch using your DH without solving the issue.

Thanks for all of your hard work on the new DH.

Do you have any of the old child devices in use in any automatons, scenes, smartapps, WebCore, or voice assistant?

Just wanted to say I installed the new DTH, swapped DTHs in Devices (forgot what that screen is called), and everything seems to be working fine. Now I need to see how well it integrates with Webcore (Iā€™ve used up my Heoturko hours, so I need to wait until Sept 1st.)

Iā€™m planning to switch over to Hubitat soon (maybe this weekend, if it comes in soon enough). Does your new DTH work with Hubitat, or should I install the old one again for that?

I think you have to use Hubtat one based on the old one.

1 Like

The old device handlers appear to have been the problem. While I had some controllers on the old code and some on the new code I had issues. I deleted the old device handlers completely from the IDE and then did the re-pair procedure and that resolved things.

1 Like

@Rafael_Borja I just sent a PR that would allow your DTH to enable breeze mode on these fans when you set the dimmer to 1% on the slider, or by asking google/Alexa to set the fan to 1%. It also includes a math calculation update that corrects an issue where the light would change while controlling the fan dimmer sometimes. That math calculation issue was pointed out by @JakeEvan

1 Like