[BETA v0515] Hampton Bay Zigbee Ceiling Fan/Light Controller

Great to hear. And yes, the radios are really bad.

Just wanted to post a thank you so you can chock up another successful install to your project. My fanimation controller died and rather than replace it, I discovered the Hampton Bay Universal Smart remote from Home Depot. They next-day shipped it to me and my son and I installed it today. After confirming proper function, I added the three devices and we’re off and running! Thank you!

The only catch I had was when trying to add your repo (manually typing, cut and paste, and retried over and over) I kept getting the error “You don’t have access to dcoffing/KOF-CeilingFan”.notgit
Had no problem accessing the project in my browser, so, no problem, I copied and pasted, my way to success.

Thanks again for your work on this!

Google Home recognizes all the devices and I can turn the fan off but any other action it says it isn’t available.You might want to try setting it up again.

Thanks for the great controller. Hope this isn’t a repeat, but I couldn’t find it through the thread.

I setup 2 of the Hampton Bay controllers. They both work fine with the remote controls. They pair to the app, I can see them on the web and change the controller to the KOF Zigbee Fan Controller type (I tried the Github integration and also tried copying / pasting into my own repo), but the child devices never show up. My screen looks like this:

I’ve done the delete device stuff on the settings screen, but it doesn’t change anything. I don’t have any apps associated to it (deleted the Alexa app so it would update).

I have no doubt I messed up something, but not sure what. Any ideas what I could do from here to troubleshoot?

Thanks in advance!

My fan has 3 speeds only, I upgraded to this remote/receiver, but now on remote & STapp when I press low it’s low, med is med, med-high is HIGH (spins the fastest), & high setting spins back down at medium speed. Any idea why?

So am i just completely out of it, or am I doing this wrong?
I added the smart app, I added the device handlers, i installed 3 Hampton Bay Universal Ceiling Fan Wireless Wall Control (1001 309 491) https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hampton-Bay-Universal-Ceiling-Fan-Wireless-Wall-Control-68109/205846346?keyword=1001309491&semanticToken=20030000+++>++++st%3A{1001309491}%3Ast++cnn%3A{0%3A0}++cnt%3A{7%3A0}++1001309491+{productkey}+qu%3A{1001309491}

I cannot get smartthings to add these at all. any suggestions? is there a new setup to follow?

TIA.

You bought the wrong device - if you want to add to smartthings.

For smartthings, you need the the Hampton Bay Wink controller

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hampton-Bay-Universal-Wink-Enabled-White-Ceiling-Fan-Premier-Remote-Control-99432/206591100

What you bought just a wall-switch style remote control.

1 Like

Well that’ll do it. Darn it. Thanks.

1 Like

You can keep wall switch if you want to control fan and light from the wall. Just replace receiver in canopy. You’ll be able to use wall switch and remote, and to control from smartthings app.

2 Likes

Have you published the DTH, not just added it to ST? Also, have you published all 3 of the DTH? There’s the parent and two children.

What type of fan do you have? Is it compatible with the wink controller? What type of controller did you have on it before?

1 Like

I have Hampton bay pull chain-less fan. It originally came with a basic remote.

But I noticed at some point the high & medium speeds were flip flopped on the remote.

I got around finally to replace the receiver & remote, but to my surprise the problem still exist! I mean at least now I have it connected to my ST hub & Alexa… but the high button still only spins at medium & medium spins at high.

That just proves that the problem is in your fan most likely. I would be very hesitant of continuing to use it. If the speeds are swapped it’s possible there is something wrong with the wiring.

1 Like

You mean the internal wiring of the fans motor?

That’s what I believe also, even tho the Hampton bay tech disagrees, said he has never heard of this issue before & says the only thing that controls speed is the receiver/remotes & that if I connect the motor directly to the house wire that it should spin at high… that the fans capacitor is what changes the amount of power for each setting based on the remote commands… so it’s literaly the strangest thing he has come across.

I said well replacing the fan is the only thing left to try. His response was “well you can try that, I just have no idea with this issue.”

Yep. Published all three. Tried forking it to my own repo, using the author’s repo, etc through the Github integration.

Question… Is this the KOF controller repackaged or is this something different. I have had my KOF’s Fall off recently even one lesss than 5 feet from the ST HUB… Thanks…

I believe that this is made by KOF.

Ok then I only need the remotes :slight_smile: as I have 3 KOF controllers . I had to move one due to not knowing that my Diecast Enterprise was interfering with my ST Hub … Funny things you learn later :slight_smile:
So Ill be installing a 4th soon. I would like the remotes so they can also be controlled without voice.

The remotes are handy. Even though we can use Google Home and ST to control the fans I still find that I use the remotes too.

Personally I use Alexa and still use buttons for things might be switching out a few choice buttons for Samsung buttons. Due to some times them not working immediately.

1 Like