[BETA RELEASE ROUND 2] Curb Energy Monitor Integration

Thanks for the detailed explanation! From your screenshot, it looks like you are trying to publish Curb (Connect) as a Device Handler, rather than a SmartApp. On the API page, go to “My SmartApps” at the top, then click “New SmartApp”, select “From Code” and then paste in the contents of curb-connect.src. If you have Curb (Connect) under your “My Device Handlers” page, you will need to delete it.

A different (and recommended) way to pull in the code is instead to add a direct link to my github (Owner: jhaines0, Name: CurbBridge, Branch: master). This will pull the code in directly without needing to copy-paste and has the added benefit of being able to easily update if I make any changes on github.

I recommend removing the Curb (Connect) app from the mobile app so that you can start from scratch once you get the code pulled in. Not sure, but it sounds like you may have ended up in a funny half-baked state…

Thank you Justin. Your explanation fixed part of the issue. I have published Curb (Connect) under SmartApps with a direct link to your GitHub. I also enabled OAuth.

After publishing the Curb in IDE, I opened the ST app, removed all the curb sensors, and then opened the SmartApp section, added Curb connect (for the first time), entered the credentials, and change the sample rate to 4. Then Add > Devices > Curb to add all the curb sensors.

Now, I see all the curb sensors but still, when I click on any of them, this message pops up “We need to download an add-on to help you get the most from your Dryer” CANCEL or DOWNLOAD. And when I choose “download”, it says “Couldn’t download controller for Dryer”

I also get so many debug/error on live logging:

It seems I am still doing something wrong. Any thought?

Hi @jh0, not sure if you got a notification, so I thought I should retry. Thanks

@bbt I’ll follow up in a DM. We’ll get you sorted out