[NO LONGER WORKING] Curb Energy Monitor Integration

I just pushed an update to CurbBridge which works well for me and is ready for some other folks to try. From the perspective of the user, the installation and authentication process haven’t changed, but the guts have been significantly reworked.

If you’re trying to update from the old version of CurbBridge, you’ll have to do the following to clear out the old before starting fresh:

• Uninstall the CurbBridge SmartApp from ST. This should automatically remove all of your power sensors. Unfortunately this is required since the internal IDs of all the sensors have changed, and there isn’t an easy way to migrate. If anything is left behind after uninstall (or uninstallation fails) you will need to use the API to go to your location page (https://graph.api.smartthings.com/location) and manually delete all of the CurbBridge devices and smartapp.
  • Delete the CurbBridgeData.json file from your git checkout
  • Update the git repo
  • Update the node dependencies by running
    npm install .
    in the directory with the package.json file
  • Run the authentication process as before

A couple of caveats to this release:

• I haven’t had this running long enough to really test its endurance. If you stop getting data, check the console and see if it is reporting any problems. Take note of how long the app was running for and post here with details.
  • I added a cool feature which shows usage graphs in the ST app. This is based on an undocumented feature of the ST system (htmlTile) and doesn’t always work. Your mileage may vary. Hopefully in the future ST supports this feature officially.